Pages

▼

Monday, 21 September 2026

Crafty friends

 Crafty Club was busy this morning. Fifteen of us altogether. I was pleased to see a new member. She used to run the club a few years ago but handed it over when she had other commitments. I happened to bump into her on Saturday in The Range, and told her we have a new venue, and no longer meet at the Village Hall. She seemed interested. I turned up late as usual and the conversation was already full of laughter. I think she enjoyed it and will come every week. 

This is the start of a new mandala I am working on. The pink flower I made for the picture, but it wouldn't fit in with the rest of the flowers. It makes a nice centre piece for this. I have a large hoop for this one so there is a lot more work to do on it. I am using my last hoop, I was thinking I must get some more. 

Lo and behold, I don't have to buy any more. One of our lovely members gave me a set of five hoops, brand new, still in a bag. An amazing coincidence. How lucky, and how kind of her. I have some nice friends. 
Talking of friends. Another friend gave me some lovely fabric, and a box with some haberdashery items in it. Buttons, fabric, ribbon, and other useful bits and bobs. She had a sort out and these were surplus to her requirements. 

Looks like I'm going to be doing lots of sewing over the winter months. 

Now I'm going to make a mug of Horlicks for my bedtime drink. 

Toodle pip.   ilona

2 comments:

  1. I am doing Christmas x-stitch hangings for the tree - little gifts for my grand-daughters - and will have a quilt to bind soon, and another made one I bought in a bundle at auction, which needs extending into a single quilt for Rosie-grand-daughter. Plenty to keep me busy as the nights draw in.

    Looks like you have lots more bits to play with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why would someone make stupid comments on this? There isn’t anything controversial about it….. I don’t understand that,…. Anyway,… I think it sounds like you had a lovely day with the added bonus of sharing and swapping pretty stuff,… I love giving away pretty things I have no need for,… as I’m a bit of a loner, it all goes to the local charity shop,… I even wrap things with bows etc,… so they are almost ready made presents,. I love giving….and I do have lots of lovely things I never use ( I used to work at House of Fraser with 25% staff discount,.. so used to get carried away, especially at Christmas lol. 😂 Charlotte, Oxford.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are open.