Transport is falling apart. Drivers are refusing to go to some cities. New regulations, more intrusive cameras, no go areas which are deemed to be restricted to HGV, means that deliveries are being disrupted at an alarming rate.
Ulez, clean air rules, mean big fines which will close down haulage companies or cause them to move to out of town hubs, thus deploying smaller vans to make the actual deliveries. The Government are hell bent on pursuing the net zero scam. Many supermarkets were built with a minimum stockroom area, and rely on just in time deliveries. Now they need to reverse this, to ensure adequate stock levels for their customers.
I'll add a note here. About halfway through my driving career, I decided I would never take another job which required me to go to London. It was always my worst nightmare, and still is. Leicester Heavy Haulage took me there several times, delivering huge concrete sections for the new build office blocks. I was very brave then. Driving down the M1 and parking up at Scratchwood Services overnight, for a 4am start in the morning down to the centre to miss the rush hour. When I left LHH I decided no more London.
I was sad when I stopped work, but it had to happen because I wasn't enjoying it. I knew then that transport was on the decline. I had had the best times, 70's, 80's, and 90's. It had given me a decent standard of living, despite many drivers saying the wages were poor. I was happy with my lot, and after careful planning of my finances I am in a good place now.
But times are getting harder for transport companies to survive the onslaught of all the new regulations being thrown at them. Like everything else that is going on, the Government are on a mission to destroy the infrastructure of the UK.
Tuesday morning. I am going to the Post Office, then having breakfast, then doing a bit in the garden, then having lunch, then I will go and walk a circuit of the pond with my trolley, and pick up the litter around the waters edge.
Have a good day. Toodle pip. ilona
And another kick in the teeth for transport from escalating diesel prices - hardly surprising when the Westminster numpties destroyed our refining industry in the name of Net Zero...
ReplyDeleteI think you are well in tune with all this planned mayhem, Will. The good times are over. If people don't wake up soon we will all be driven into a big black hole.
DeleteI agree regarding the net zero scam. It's the same here in America. I visited family over the weekend and diesel is almost $9 a gallon which is an outrageous price to be charging for freight transport. My thought is this: Why is Europe and the States going to such lengths to 'curb carbon' while the rest of the planet is not even remotely close to implementing the same carbon output restrictions? Africa and Asia are booming economically and their populations are surging. Why is it only the western governments destroying the environment with a different type of pollution?? The high desert valley floor and animal habitat (here in the southwest especially) are being covered and destroyed with massive solar panel farms and wind turbines that are NOT 'green'. There is no recycling plan in place for the millions of heavy-metal-containing solar panels that need to replaced every month for whatever reason. The Ivanpah solar project near Las Vegas is being decommissioned/shut down after creating environmental havoc. Sorry, I don't mean to rant but I just want answers. - EssDee
ReplyDelete