Pages

Thursday, 23 July 2026

You'll never guess what I found.

Good evening.
I was going to cut down on the litter picking and have a few days off. But . . . I couldn't resist going out today. I went a bit earlier hoping it would be a bit cooler. Only an hour, and one bag, I said to myself. Back to Bagmoor Lane. 
Parked my car next to this black bag. Oh no, I recognise that smell. Didn't need to look in it, another dead animal. I started my picking a bit further along the lane. 
This is the back wall of the park, with woodland on the other side. I looked over it and found fly tipping.
 
A shopping trolley with no handle and no wheels. Don't know how this got here, there are no shops nearby. 
A lot of black bin bags, and that smell again. Another report for the Council I think. I am not touching this. 

I soon filled the red bag up. Then I found an empty black bag and filled that as well.
18 glass bottles, bagged up in a sturdy bag, and labelled, Litter picked by a volunteer. 
Then guess what I found. A full couples toy kit wrapped in a bag, still in the box. 😄😂😎
In the red bag it went, after I checked it for batteries. Only found one very small one which I removed. 
All stacked up nicely in a prominent position on a busy road. Awaiting collection. 
I posted my report on the Council web site and got a reference number. Hopefully they will come and check out those black bags which I am sure contain animal remains. 
My one hour litter pick lasted two hours. 
Thanks for popping in. Toodle pip.   ilona
 

9 comments:

  1. I litter pick around my village, I don't drive so I can't go very far. I'm pleased to say I've never found anything too disgusting so far. You have all my admiration for picking where you do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every little helps, even a carrier bag filled on a regular basis helps to keep a street tidy.

      Delete
  2. You are such a terrific volunteer in your community!
    Belinda @ Frugal Workshop

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can fit it in with with whatever else I have to do.

      Delete
  3. Shopping carts are used by the homeless to move their belongings around. Then if the cart is damaged, it's abandoned.

    I think you may have an illegal halal butcher operating in the area. Our city found a few operating in backyard garages after neighbours complained about seeing goats in the back yard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You may be right about the illegal butcher.

      Delete
  4. The amount of animal remains you have found lately is really disturbing. Given the current cost of living crisis it could be linked to butchers supplying cheap meat to cafes/take-aways etc. I recently read about Victorian boatmen (the taxi-drivers of the day) who would row out into the countryside and slaughter sheep in the fields, butcher them on the spot and then row them back into London to sell them to the meat trade. Nothing new under the sun, they say.
    I would have loved to have seen your face when you found the couples kit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I laughed my socks off. Was looking for a passing van driver to flag down and ask him how his sex life is. Maybe he could pep it up a bit with the plastic and rubber attachments. Shame to bin it. Perhaps I should have kept it and made something arty with it.

      Delete
  5. I drove past yesterday, Friday, the pile is still there. Maybe they will come and collect it on Monday or Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete

I might publish your comment, or I might not.