Pages

Sunday, 16 August 2026

Free entertainment.

 I was a bit taken aback yesterday. As I was clearing litter from around the small car park at the pond, a car pulled up. I take no notice of people around me, I am in my own little world, unless someone chooses to talk to me, then I will be polite and reply. 

So, a white car pulled into the small car park. All of a sudden four or five people tumbled out of it, shouting at each other. Oh dear, I wonder what they are upset about. Not my business, I carried on picking well away from them. The arguments continued, they get in and out of the car several times, lots of door slamming. 

I thought, surely they will calm down soon and sort out their differences. Nope, the commotion continued for about half an hour. I wondered if it might come to someone throwing a few punches. They didn't, just continued shouting at each other. 

Two of them stormed off in a huff, still shouting. They went down the path towards the pond. They came back about ten minutes later. The fall out continued. I was moving further away from them as I was clearing the area of litter. 

Free entertainment I thought, you don't get that every day. Well some do if you live in a town or a city. I hope I am ok saying this, but on this occasion these people were not British. They ranted and raved in a uncomprehensive manner. Oh gawd, that's me being racist again. And they were white, another racist observation of mine. 

Shall I go out today, or shall I stay in.

Catch ya later. Toodle pip.   ilona

4 comments:

  1. You must live in a more gentile neighbourhood ilona.. it's not too bad where I live not as nice as Lincolnshire where you live . I have a older cousin my mum cousin lives at Brigg. She loves living there . Stay safe ilona some nasty people about never get involved 💯 with a group you see .. keep walking away somewhere safe .




    Have a great Sunday ilona
    Beat wishes Levi xx 😘 ♥️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anger can rear it's ugly head anywhere. Brigg is generally a nice place, but even so, keeping one's wits about you is important.

      Delete
  2. Sometimes innocent bystanders get hurt. I know domestic squabbles are among the most dangerous for police to go to, dangerous for the police. I am glad you were safe. When I walk my dog I have a canister of pepper spray hanging on the leash, just in case of trouble. Never used it, but it is there. Legal in the USA.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is best to remain vigilant when volatile people are around. Random stabbings seem to be on the rise.

      Delete

I might publish your comment, or I might not.