Good evening.
Today I went back home to Burton upon Trent. We said goodbye to my sister Anna Maria.
It was a lovely service conducted by the Reverend Brian Williams.
Anna's story was written by herself, and was read out by the Reverend.
I was there early so I had a walk around the grounds before the car arrived. A few moments of quiet reflection. I was here a long time ago when our mother died. I can't remember what year that was, it's all a blur.
Our brother Stephen died in India, and his widow brought his ashes back to England.They were scattered in the same place where mothers ashes were buried. Just by that tree. 2014.
March 2015. Anna and Rocky at Stapenhill Gardens.
It was a friendly family gathering today. Although I left Burton 25 years ago, and before that I was hardly there anyway when driving took over my life, people from way back remembered me. After the service we went for refreshments just down the road at Ashfield House.
Now I am going to bed. Thank you for popping in. See you soon. Toodle pip. ilona
That is a beautiful resting spot and a great photo of your sister and the pup. As we are aging, we lose so many loved people.
ReplyDeleteI seem to remember that when I was younger I didn't take much notice of when someone died. I just thought oh well, it happens. Now when it's a bit closer to home, and the people I know are no longer here, it confirms to me that nothing lasts forever.
DeleteA lovely picture of Anna and rocky.may your sister rest in peace love Jo dorset
ReplyDeleteThank you. She was always fashionable, always immaculately dressed.
DeleteπΉ π ❤️ π π€² ππΏ✝️
ReplyDeleteRIP ANNA MARIA..XX MAY HER SOUL REST IN PEACE IN THE GLORY OF HEAVEN. REUNITED WITH HER MUM AND BROTHER ..XX A BEAUTIFUL RESTING PLACE ..TRANQUIL SPOT TO REFLECT ON YOUR SISTER.. SENDING MY LOVE ILONA π ❤️ π..PS WHEN ARE YOU NEXT AT CRAFTY CLUB BE GOOD FOR YOU TOO MEET UP WITH FRIENDS π§‘ DON'T BE ALONE AT THIS DIFFICULT TIME ILONA..
LOTSA LOVE LEVI XX ♥️
Thank you. The best antidote for grief is keep busy.
Deleteππππ«Άπ«Ά✨️✨️♥️♥️..
DeleteBig L♡ve«
Agreed ilona..you are a strong Lady"
Levi xx ♥️ π ❤️ π π π ♥️ π ❤️ π π π ♥️ π ❤️ π π π ♥️ π ❤️ π
Prayers for you and your family. Emotion filled day. Please take care. ππ»ππ» Rest in peace Anna Maria ππ».
ReplyDeleteThank you. We are a fragmented family, but we know we can come together when need be.
DeleteWhat a beautiful resting spot Ilona. It reminds me of the crematorium where my Mums ashes are scattered, lovely trees & peaceful scenery. I love that photo of Anna & Rocky in the pushchair - that is so special. I am thinking of you lots Ilona (especially as I gather litter off the road verges ) π ... & I hope you are doing okay. Yes keeping busy is a good antidote for grief but also quiet moments alone help too I found.
ReplyDeleteThank you Julie. A day out today is just what I needed. Pictures to come soon.
DeleteA sad occasion but I’m pleased your sister’s funeral was what you wanted and it’s good that she wrote her own story. I’ve been to several funerals where the eulogy has been awful with aspects of the persons life totally whitewashed. The crematorium looked a beautiful and peaceful place..
ReplyDelete