Pages

Sunday, 2 August 2026

It gets me out.

 It hasn't been quite so hot today, a nice gentle breeze as I did a litter pick at the back of Tesco. Hows this for coincidence. Ten minutes after I started I was recognised. A man was picking berries, he said hello ilona. I sort of recognised him then he reminded me that he visited my garden when I was taking part in  the Open Gardens event in my village. That was ten years ago. His wife has been reading my blog for years. Nice to meet you again Paul, say hello to Sarah for me. 

Two bags filled on this pick. I used a black one because I am running out of red ones. I have some on order and they will be delivered soon. Glass bottles bagged up separately. 
My new pile is starting to grow. 
 

That's all for now. Time for bed. Toodle pip.   ilona

1 comment:

  1. Collecting the bottles is very important, apparently they cause wildfires. May have caused the Dunwich Heath National Trust/RSPB fire at the weekend) ,.. I wonder if plastic bottles cause fires too???? I found a couple yesterday when I was sitting in a fishermans 'spot' (it was to hot to walk, so I sat on my portable stool where the fishermen have a 'hole' in the bushes to access the lake,... very nice it was too, cool breeze off the lake.... the only rubbish was the bottles, so I think the fishermen as pretty good around here (Oxfordshire)... Charlotte.

    ReplyDelete

I might publish your comment, or I might not.