Pages

Sunday, 9 August 2026

Ugly blot on the landscape

So what did I see at Barnsley yesterday? A monster warehouse, with hundreds of loading bays, and a thousand trailers. What an ugly sight that was. 




It's obvious where all this is going. We stay at home and everything we need will be delivered to our door. No need to go out anywhere. No need to go to work, we get a basic allowance from the Government. 

Pics from the litter pick I did today. Will I still be able to do voluntary work. A bag of bread buns I found in the corner of the Industrial Estate. I asked a young man who was passing by, if he knew where it came from. He said one of the food factories gives the staff any excess bread they have left over to take home at the end of their shift. Someone decided they didn't want it, or didn't want to carry it home. I have brought it home for the birds. 

A new grot spot found in the corner of a field behind some of the Industrial Units.  It will take a few visits to clean it up. 

Start of another pile. 

That's all for now. Toodle pip.   ilona

1 comment:

  1. What a waste ilona of them bread 🍞 muffins 😒 🗑 🗑..

    Why couldn't they deliver to a sheltered accommodation for the elderly if they are bagged up, or to young struggling families with little one's.

    Levi

    ReplyDelete

I might publish your comment, or I might not.