I was quick to grab my camera when the birdies came down for a bath today. Lucky that I was sat at the back window doing a bit of sewing.
I stayed in most of the day, it was baking hot again. I have been opening up the summer house. Mayze has taken to sleeping in there, during the day. It's still sweaty hot but she has found some shelter from the glaring sun.The heat was getting to me, so I gave myself a haircut. That's better. I went a bit mad and chopped a lot off.
At 5pm I decided it was cool enough to go out and check on the fly tip I reported. It is still there, not been collected by the Council yet. I had a scout round Flixborough Industrial Estate, and was pleased to see that this area has been completely cleared of brambles and rubbish. I spent ages picking litter here. I see that there is a sign at the main gate saying it is available for sale or to rent. There might be some offers forth coming now that it has been tidied up.
While I was there I decided to fill a red bag. Still plenty of litter lying around. I deposited it at my usual place. I might go and add some more to it if the weather starts to cool down.
Did you see the sunset tonight. It was a stunner. I resisted the urge to rush out with my camera for a better view.
I thought I might go out this weekend, but with it being so hot I might stay nearer to home. Have a good one. Thanks for popping in. Toodle pip. ilona
No comments:
Post a Comment
I might publish your comment, or I might not.
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.