Pages

Tuesday, 15 September 2026

Gainsborough Old Hall.

 Good morning. It is Tuesday, I'm playing catch-up with the pictures from Sunday. Gainsborough Old Hall is in the centre of Gainsborough. Easy to find, not far from the river, and well signposted. I parked in a quiet street a few minutes walk away, close to Morton Terrace. 

This looks like an impressive entrance, except the way in is a small door somewhere round the back. This is an English Heritage property. I paid £11.80 concession fee.   

Some photo's as I walked around. It has minimum furnishings, which I don't mind. The simplicity of the room layouts gives your brain space to take it all in. There are plenty of information boards if you wish to linger and read them all. 
Here is the web site. I see there is a classic car gathering on the lawn on the 27th of September. 







I recorded a fifteen minute video if you want to follow me around. 
I climbed the stairs to the top of the tower, and will report on that in the next post.
I was dreaming of a new art project last night. An idea came to me. I will look into that today. It might work if I can find suitable bits and pieces to construct it. 
The sun is shining. Thanks for popping in. Toodle pip.   ilona

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful place!! Those fire places were huge!!! Thanks for taking us along.

    ReplyDelete

You may comment. I may not reply. I may delete your comment. This is my diary.