Pages

Friday, 11 September 2026

Twentyfive years ago

 


I was in a big store in town. People were gathered around a television set in the electrical department. I stopped to see what they were watching. I couldn't believe that it was really happening, and it wasn't a film. 
Just before this happened I was in New York. Didn't go up the twin towers, but went up the Empire State Building. I will never forget the views, and the speed of the lift to the top. 
ilona

3 comments:

  1. It was pure evil,…. I can’t even read the article in the paper today, narrating the families feelings after 25 years,.. it’s too painful to read their words,.. I’m still upset from the little I read,…. How evil can those humans be to kill over 2 thousand people in such a horrific way,.. I can’t believe they were human to actually do that,… Norma.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Living in the US it was like time stood still. I was at work when it happened. We had a small television in our lounge, we all piled in to watch and saw the second plane fly into the towers. It was just awful. πŸ™πŸ»πŸ™πŸ»πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was working in my final placement as a student nurse. Geriatric Day programme. The patients were fascinated and horrified. The Social Worker decided to turn the TV off so they wouldn't be "traumatized" One of my favourite old guys said "turn it back on, we lived through WW2 and we're not children".

    It was strange, I knew Osama Bin Laden was behind it because I keep up ith current events and knew he was plotting evil.

    ReplyDelete

You may comment. I may not reply. I may delete your comment. This is my diary.