Sunday, 28 September 2014

Amazing voices

Hello. The only excuse I've got for not writing a post tonight, is that I've been watching old videos on yoootooob. My computer is my entertainment, and I love watching the golden oldies, much better than all the modern tosh they churn out now.

Remember Demis Roussos, wasn't he just wonderful. I like this video which shows the young man and the old man, singing the same song to perfection.


One more, remember Lena Zavaroni. Such a wonderful singer, such a tragic loss. It's approaching  the anniversary of her death, 1st October 1999.


Think I'll go to bed now, goodnight.

PS, I did read all your comments, thank you for sharing with me.

7 comments:

  1. I always rather liked Bonnie Langford.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Denis Roussos gave me goose bumps and a tear to the eye. Thank you Ilona

    Patricia32

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah that was lovely Ilona. I shared a love of Demis Roussos with my Aunt in the 70s and we were lucky enough to see him perform live at Newcastle upon Tyne City Hall. I think he's even more handsome now with his gorgeous white hair. Tricia x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did enjoy those - thank you. What a shame no one could help Lena, she was such a talent. And great to see Demis still performing, he was always note perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing Demis Roussos! I remember him on the German top of the pops many years ago. Nice to see he still has that great voice today. Wouldn`t have recognised him now, though. As kids we always thought he must have had his knickers in a twist to have such a high pitched voice, lol. I also remember Nana Mouskouri who was my mums favourite singer in the 70`s. Aaah, nostalgia! Those were the days.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful to watch. I was so sad and shocked to learn Lena Zavaroni had died, it was very emotional watching such a wonderful, talented and beautiful singer. I also didn't realise Demis Roussos was still performing, as Sarina said "those were the days" Many thanks for reminding us Ilona:) Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for the video of Demis. It was beautiful. I've not heard of him before this. My horizons have been expanded.

    ReplyDelete