Sunday 6 March 2016

New exhibitions at The Ropewalk

Aye up me ducks, how ya diddlin. I was a bit fed up of being indoors today, so I went out. I noticed in our free paper, in the guide to local events, that there are two new artists exhibiting their works at the Ropewalk Gallery in Barton. Just the ticket to get me off my bum and go and have an eyeball. 
Amanda Cobbett is a paper and textile artist. I liked the look of the work on her web site, but was a bit disappointed that her exhibition was a bit small and did not contain many pieces. I was particularly interested in her embroidered pictures, but there were none on show. It focused on her birds, flowers, and mushrooms. 
The detail in these small pieces is amazing, the birds are papier mache covered in machine embroidery. There are more pictures on her web site. I didn't photograph the mushrooms because they were inside a perspex case which would have caught the reflections in the room. 




The other exhibition was a bit strange, I am not sure how these images were made, but if you are interested here is a link to Lou Hazelwoods blurb on the Ropewalk site. There is a short video explaining the methods she used. 

Luckily the Ropewalk is right next to Tesco, so with a bit of careful timing I was able to scoop quite a good haul of yellow stickers. I made a stop halfway home because the sunlight was making interesting pictures. These two photo's were taken in exactly the same spot, first looking away from the sun, then into it. 

Here I have £15.09's worth of food, for which I paid £2.19p. There's salad leaves, rocket, cauliflower, bananas, apples, prepared fruit, wraps, carrots and peas, and I had a treat of four blueberry muffins for 18p. I did try to resist them, but the price swayed me. I have plenty in the fridge now, don't need anything else this week.

Well it's time for me to go walkabout, I really must try and get it done earlier. I see a lot of our walking group members are making a big effort to top up their miles. Every little helps, every mile counts towards the big 1000. Don't worry if you are going at a more leisurely pace, it isn't a race, the taking part is more important. There are no prizes for those who go through to the finishing line, except the uplifting feeling that you have achieved your goal, and you are a lot more fitter and healthier than when you started. Well done everyone. Keep walking.

Thanks for popping in. Catch up soon. Toodle pip.

10 comments:

  1. Good yellow sticker haul as usual Ilona! I know there are no prizes and the real prize is all of us just getting healthier etc but a teeny tiny prize wouldn't hurt would it? Maybe a little badge made from fabric for all those that complete it? I bet you would be fantastic at finding a brilliant crafty way of making them Ilona!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good suggestion ss. I'll look into it. The 1000 Mile Club.

      Delete
  2. my cycle miles are 707 miles so far this year

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are amazing, I love how you get out there, even when the weather is not so good. Are you going for the million miles by December 31st? Ha ha.

      Delete
  3. Love the haul you got!
    I've sloughed off walking the past two days and here you are bragging us up! Back at it tomorrow! (I do feel better when i move more.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely exhibits and photos...We had beautiful weather here today, too. Good job on the shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the photos of the pylons best of all - can I be the only person who actually likes pylons? I prefer them to wind turbines from an aesthetic viewpoint. Maybe it's simply because I've grown up with pylons (in a manner of speaking - no they didn't form part of the family!) where as those white wind turbines are relatively new.
    Well done on your food haul!
    Margaret P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your pylon photos: what a difference light makes.
    Glad you showed us the art gallery photos - the birds are so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. " Go at a leisurely pace..it isn`t a race...taking part is more important ! " Awe, the wisdom that comes out of you as you live this wonderful LIFE AFTER MONEY ! Thanks for the inspiration you share each day ! xxx Granny from Canada

    ReplyDelete
  8. The birds look very good! Very pretty photos worth taking on your way back. Good lot of yellow sticker food.

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.