Sunday 27 March 2022

Castle pics + 2 churches

The best way to take photographs of the castle is to pay to get in. According to the web site it is £29 on the day, or £18 if you book online. Then you can get up close. I didn't have plastic with me, and I wasn't bothered about going inside. I wouldn't have enough time to see it all, and I wanted to look round Warwick. Here are a few sneaky shots. 
 



The man at the gate told me where to get this shot, the bridge on Banbury Road, over the River Avon. This is the view they use on the publicity leaflets. 

Here is a video of St Nicholas Church. Luckily the door was not locked. 
This is the magnificent St Marys Church. It was not open due to some renovation work going on. The bottom part of the tower was covered in scaffolding. I read on the leaflet that visitors can climb the 134ft tower for stunning views over the town. What a shame I couldn't do that. It looked pretty impressive on the outside though. 


It's been a lovely day today. I have been out in the garden, re potting plants and hedge trimming. The pussies have been out there with me, it was nice to eat my lunch outside. 
More Warwick pictures tomorrow. Thanks for popping in. Toodle pip.   ilona

2 comments:

  1. Good morning ilona
    I'm having my coffee your right it's delicious first thing isn't it
    ☕ very nice church great photo's /video

    Best wishes
    Levi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. For the first time in following all of your adventures, I can actually say "I have been there". Warwick Castle. Enjoy your exploring.

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.