Sunday 22 May 2022

Bricking it.

Today I painted eleven bricks. I used the sample pots and emptied four of them. Once I have a paintbrush in my hand, there's no stopping me. I painted two more pots, some of the slats on the pallet table, daubed some on the plastic gate, and freshened up bits on the summer house. I don't like decorating indoors, it's soooo boring, but outside is a different matter. I can slap it on and I don't care if it is not perfect.  
There you go, that looks pretty doesn't it. The fence could do with a bit of decoration but it's not my fence so it will have to stay as it is. I have hung a string of silver bells from it. Maybe I will find something else to hang up but will have to be careful not to damage it. 
The beds are full to overflowing. 
I was a bit late getting out for a walk. It was 5.30pm, the walk I do takes two hours. A few snaps along the way. No sun but it was lovely and warm with a light breeze. 
I put the flash on these, which lit up the foliage. I quite like the effect of this. 



7.30pm when I got home. I had some steamed veg in the fridge which I cooked at lunchtime. It was just a matter of microwaving it with some grated cheese on top. 
Blimey, look at the time. The hedgehogs have been, and it's bed time for me. 
Toodle pip.   ilona

11 comments:

  1. The color looks beautiful in your garden!! And the beds look great. What a wonderful day. You will rest well tonight. 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I fall asleep when my head hits the pillow. Out like a light.

      Delete
  2. What a happy place is your garden. The pops of color makes my soul sing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a memory of Portmeirion. I will resist the temptation of painting the whole house, but in the privacy of my back garden I can do as I like.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful 🤩

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's the little touches of colour here and there which makes me smile.

      Delete
  4. I love all the colour in your garden. So happy and cheerful.
    Carolx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A string of cheap solar lights would add a pretty touch to the boring fence.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those colourful bricks. What wonderful ideas you have.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I second solar lights. I had some (from pounds trencher! Cost about £5 & they have lasted 3 Xmas seasons!) Lidl are the longest lasting batteries ( proven in many tests) & these lights have a "timer" feature. On for 6 hours by themselves each evening at same time. People were really surprised they were solar.

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.