Wednesday, 22 July 2026

Slobs

I know, you have had enough of me rabbiting on about litter. Scroll through if you don't want to see the reality of how it is blighting our countryside. 
On my way to Lincoln on Saturday I stopped for a few minutes at this layby on the other side of Scunthorpe. It's called Mortal Ash layby. It's a long layby set back off the dual carriageway A 18. There is a tumbledown shack that is supposed to be a teabar. 
It has been a magnet for litter and fly tipping for many years. Not so long ago a team of pickers went in there over several days to clear it up. Now it's as bad again, if not worse than before. This is just one layby. 











I see lots of pictures like this on UK Litter pickers page. Teams of pickers do a good job all over the UK, but we are fighting a losing battle. Things have changed since I was a nipper, I can't ever remember scenes like this when I was growing up in a village and running around footloose and fancy free. People took pride in their frontage, rubbish was stored in the right place, not just discarded wherever they felt like it. 

I wish I could come up with some answers. Litter pickers will continue to tidy up their patch, but we are outnumbered by the amount of slobs who couldn't give a toss, literally, about the area around them. Chuck it anywhere, as long as it's out of my sight. 

Have a nice day. Thanks for popping in. Toodle pip.   ilona

No comments:

Post a Comment

I might publish your comment, or I might not.