Thursday, 24 September 2026

New volunteers wanted (video added)

One red sack plus a bit more on yesterdays litter pick. I started on this short stretch of side road, then went onto the busy main road towards town. A new 'L' plate found. 
What else did I find. Two sealed new pot noodles, in a Lidl bag chucked in the hedge. Long date April 2027. Someone didn't fancy the pack up they brought with them. Given to a neighbour for his pack up to take to work. 
A fly tip in the layby. I put in a report to the Council about this 
Remember the stinky bags of animal carcases I found recently, in this same layby? Well here we go again. Just one black bin bag this time. Can you see it mother. Crawling with maggots and a putrid smell that stays in your nostrils forever. 

A closer look, not too close mind you. 
Zoom in. A quick retreat, feeling sick. The Council need to come quickly and remove it. 

By keeping my patch tidy and not wandering too far afield, I don't see a lot of heavily littered locations. Litter picking teams in other parts of the country are reporting horrendous piles of grot on the UK Litter Pickers Faceboook page. 

So what of the future? Will we ever get to grips with banishing the litter mountains in the UK? I don't think so. I suggest we make a new Faceboook page. European Litter Pickers, will encompass all the countries on both sides of the strip of water between us. Come on in boys. Trash our country as well. To appease the other side, maybe these are our future Voluntary Litter Pickers. Fancy having a go? 


Have a good day. Toodle pip.   ilona

EDIT
I have just come across this new video. Sarah White, an intrepid journalist, has disguised herself and secretly filmed inside multiple migrant camps at Calais. She shows the truth, what is really going on in France. All basic needs are provided for the migrants, by charity workers. This is an eye opener video. Massive amounts of rubbish everywhere, all to be coming here. It is estimated that there are 3,000 people at this migrant camp. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are open.