Did I go back and pick the rubbish up in the woods. Yes. Bagging it up, tidying up, leaving the area clean.
All ready to walk back to my car. I put a fresh bag in the trolley and walked up the road. The grass verges were full of bottles and cans. Another bag filled.
My previous bags have been collected. It's easy enough for the Council to stop and pick them up when they are passing.
I put a request in for more bags needed please, I am running out of them. The next day Candace sent me a message back. I've put them in the Volunteer Pod. They just appear, I don't have to pick them up from the Council Office. I had a look for a new gilet in Go Outdoors this afternoon. Sadly, they didn't have exactly what I wanted. Everything is in black or grey. All the jackets have high collars with the zip up to the chin. And the pockets aren't big enough. I have an old body warmer which I can use, it's about 40 years old. It will do for now until I find something a bit more colourful.
I went in Morrisons because I was at that end of the town. Don't like it much in there, it's too big, and too busy. I picked up a few items with a basket. I wanted peanut butter made with 100% peanuts. I bought three jars. There were only two checkouts open all the rest were scan yourself. I stood behind someone who had filled his trolley. The lady on the till said I could move over to the scan yourself. I said, no thanks I will wait. She said they are short of staff that's why there is only two tills open. She was insistent and called a young assistant over to do the scanning for me. I agreed to that. The young lady had to go around all the self scanning tills to help other people put their shopping through. That seems daft to me, why didn't they just put her on a checkout.
Have a good weekend. Thanks for popping in. Toodle pip. ilona
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments are open.