My penfriend Scott has written to me again. More broken promises. Says I will get a visitor, but nobody ever turns up. So I drink my coffee alone.
I went back to Flixborough Industrial Estate this afternoon, to empty all the bottles of pee and bag them up. One black bag filled with all kinds of grot. There is still a lot of work to do in that one spot. I will be back to do another tidy up when I have time. Today it was very windy and very cold, so I didn't linger. Did this job and came home. Pleased to say that all my other 7 bags, plus the 69 glass bottles have been collected. And so it starts again, when I have time.
Thanks for popping in. Toodle pip. ilona
Litter picking is an ongoing hobby. No chance of boredom. I would hope people notice someone is trying to keep the area clean, and that would deter them from throwing out more. Stay safe mother!!!!
ReplyDeleteI thought you used to fill out a form, saying you didn't have a tv etc, and had no bother then. Perhaps a good idea to do that again and save their paper.
ReplyDeleteThey used to send a letter every two years. I never filled out a form. There was an option of declaring 'no licence needed' on the telephone. Dial a number, press a few buttons, and a new letter would be sent confirming this. Then they decided that one letter every two years wasn't enough, so changed it to one a year. Now they are getting desperate and the letters are coming almost every month. How many more times do I have to tell them. Let them stew. I don't agree with digital being applied to everything we do. I still have a monthly bank statement in the post. I still use cash.
DeleteThere are plenty of people who do have a tv and no licence, so I guess they keep trying to frighten folk into paying up. I have a printed statement too, but bank on line as my nearest bank isn't near any more!! I use cash where possible but don't have a bumbag full :)
DeleteI advised TV licensing that I didn't have a TV and they've not contacted me again since.
ReplyDelete