Monday 16 March 2009

Drinks Can Bag

Cue fanfare, Ladies and Gentleman, I am proud to present my latest creation, The Drinks Can Bag. I started off by cutting eight x 8cm squares out of aluminium drinks cans, then making holes round the edges with a paper punch, making sure they are evenly spaced. Trim off the sharp corners. I found it easier to make the template out of cardboard first. Next I did a row of black crochet, double stitch, around each one, three stitches into each hole, five stitches into the corner holes. Then two rows of red crochet single stitch, and another row of black crochet single stitch. Forgot to take a photo at this stage, but similar to the juice bag. Next I stitched the two lots of four together to make two sides, and did another row of black single stitch all the way around. Then I joined the two pieces together right side out, with a row of single stitch black crochet.

I decided to make two handles out of cans, rather than one long knitted shoulder strap, this is the template I made and one of the handles.Each handle is in two pieces joined together with an edging of one row of single stitch in black. I have sandwiched a tent peg (bent end cut off) between the two pieces to strengthen them. Next I stitched the handles to the inside of the bag, and finished it off with a lining made from a skirt I got from a charity shop a long time ago. I'm very pleased with it.


Daily spend - nothing

3 comments:

  1. WELL DONE YOU CLEVER GIRL!!! I think this is fab Ilona... you keep coming up with so many good ideas and I dont have time to do them all! I sandwiched together some plastic bags yesterday but havent had time tomake anything with them... but such clever ideas... keep 'em coming!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen something similar selling for a lot of money at the Eden Project. You may have a new career!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing... I agree, you might be on to something here!

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.