The hardest part was sewing the gusset around the bottom corners of the front and back, as it was bulky and bunched up a bit. Pushing the needle through was not easy so the pliers were a help here. I have sewn through two buttons on each side to attach the strap. I didn't bother to line it because it would have been difficult to attach it to the edges of the bag. The fastening is red plaited elastic over a yellow button. It looks very eyecatching but I won't be using it because I have left it at the Scrapstore to illustrate my idea, maybe someone else will be inspired to have a go and make one.
Wednesday, 9 September 2009
Bag made out of scrap vinyl
I have some coloured vinyl which I got from the Scrapstore and thought it would be interesting to see how easy or difficult it was to make a bag out of it. I like bold, contrasting colours so I chose black and red for the bag, and added random coloured triangles for the decoration on the front. It's a shoulder bag, some of it is sewn with the machine, and some parts are hand sewn.