Wednesday 23 September 2009

It's on the cards

I've got a wedding to go to on Friday, my nephew Adam and his girlfriend Gemma are tying the knot. I thought they might appreciate a home made card as they are both into saving money, and not wasting it. This is what I have come up with.

The colours haven't come out too well because of the flash. It's a white card with a roughly cut piece of red fine netting over it. The heart is from and old card, I have covered it with clear sticky back plastic to strengthen it, and stitched it on with running stitch in yellow embroidery thread. The picture is a couple of love birds dressed in their Sunday best. Each letter is cut out seperately, from a roll of gold sticky backed foil, and stuck onto some shiny red card to give them a red border. Then they are stitched onto the card. The red ribbon bow is off a chocolate box, (never throw anything away), and attached with four coloured stars. I am really pleased, it looks a lot better than the photo.

Inside the front you can see the stitches, all neat and tidy I might add. So to cover them up I put an insert in which I did on the computer.
A few words and a picture of their new baby, held in place with yellow embroidery thread. I think they will like it, something to keep and a bit more personal than a shop bought one.
Looking at all my card making bits in the cupboard, I think it's time I was getting it all out again and make a start on the Christmas cards.

2 comments:

  1. You have inspired me to give this ago. We have a rather large family so every month we have at least one birthday, sometimes 2 and an anniversary. ☺️☺️

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.