Wednesday 25 December 2013

Christmas cheer.

And a Merry Christmas to all my frugalers, from your Queen of Mean, Ilona. I am speaking to you today from my southern residence, in the heart of the beautiful Hampshire countryside. My journey down yesterday was without incidence, as the adverse weather which was widely reported, never materialised. In fact the sun was shining down on me giving me a lovely warm glow of wellbeing.
Now what were you doing on Christmas morning? Nursing a throbbing head perhaps. Opening your presents around the tree? Or stuffing your face with a great British breakfast? Me? None of those. After a bowl of Frosties topped with a banana, it was straight to work for me. I have to earn my keep you see. Carol is feeding me up with all kinds of posh grub, so I offered to clear the fallen leaves from her driveway in return, it's the least I can do. So here I am, sweeping away.......   
 and bagging it up. Eleven bags in total.

 Carol has lunch ready for me. Looking good. Cheers.

That was earlier, now it's time for dinner, and collapsing in front of the tele with a glass of wine. Can't beat it. Tomorrow we are dog sitting. Two border collies are being dropped off in the morning, so there will be walkies and lots of fun and games.
I hope you are having a lovely time. Toodle pip.

18 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas Ilona from Housefairy
    Glad you had a lovely day. This is the Carol you made the gift for?
    You do love being outdoors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a thoughtful friend, merry xmas, Iiona!

    X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, a good day, better than the usual over-indulgence and consequent hang-overs, stomach-ache, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No heavy heads after booze here. We don`t drink it, but we had a lovely turkey lunch with red cabage, butternut squash, roasties and sprouts. We also watched some tellie and had a buffet evening. Otherwise a very relaxed X-mas day. Enjoy your time in Hampshire!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds fabulous. No hangovers here but dogwalking in the rain and inspection of fallen trees after the storm, lots of lovely wood there. Pam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My xmas day was very quiet, I had lots of seasonal veggies and a special nut roast, made some special apple sauce with a good dash of sherry in it, mmmm it gives it a lovely kick to it, do try it. Hope you are enjoying your time with your friend Ilona, its always good to catch up with folk and put the world to rights. Off now to feed the stray cats before it gets too dark to see what I am doing,
      Danneke

      Delete
  6. What a lovely celebration and how typical of the ever energetic Ilona to earn her keep by sweeping up leaves. You look like a teenager!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A BIG Merry Christmas to you! Hope you are having a lovely time and here's to a great 2014! : ) Can't wait to read your future posts already : ) Louise from Burton x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Heavenly sounds heavenly, what a great house guest you are.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like you had a lovely day. Did Carol like her gift; I'm dying to know what she thought of it?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Merry Christmas Ilona! Looks like you are having a wonderful time! I know how you like your exercise. Exercise, a friend and dogs to walk. Perfect holiday!
    Tana

    ReplyDelete
  11. Did you compost the leaves? lol!
    Happy dog walking!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It all sounds wonderful where you are! Enjoy the visit!

    ReplyDelete
  13. 11 bags of leave - That's a lot of leaves and very thoughtful of you. We had a lovely sunny day yesterday and should have got out for a walk but dinner was a bit late so we lumped in front of some boring telly. We did have some lovely family time though.
    Carolx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great to be spending Christmas with a friend. I'll bet she was thrilled to bits with the present.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Carol looks nice - you are lucky to have each other as friends. It's nice to give isn't it.
    Phryne x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Glad you had a lovely time. No hangovers in our home. Roast turkey etc. my Mum was here plus our son,on Boxing Day his girlfriend came too.
    Best wishes
    Angela (Devon)

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.