Friday 24 June 2016

Shopping needed, almost out of food.

Hello. Well, we wake up to major eruptions in the political world, I didn't expect that result, a surprise indeed. Listening to Burnsy on local radio there is a mixture of doom and gloom from the remain camp, and enthusiastic optimism from the leave camp who are looking forward to a new start. I shall be interested to see how all this pans out. 
If you have been reading my blog you will know that my personality dictates that I move on through the different chapters of my life. I am able to embrace change, will move on from a situation if it is not working for me, and constantly look for new ways to make my life better. I will organize my life around what income I have, I make do and mend, and I live with an attitude of gratitude. 
Burnsy is playing Carry on Regardless, and that is what we all will do. Nothing terrible is going to happen, the world won't come to a halt, we are not going to self combust or be blasted into smithereens.  
This was my meal yesterday, running low on food, scrambled eggs on a wrap from the freezer, with cheese. No eggs or cheese left. 
Shopping at Tesco last night at 7.30pm, I haven't been for a while, and managed to pick up some reductions. No 90% off any more, but 75% off is still good. Fridge now full with food.

Spinach needs eating quickly or freezing. Maybe a smoothie or two.

Large pack of prepared fruit, this will be smoothied and frozen in the next hour.

Other shopping was cat and dog food, frozen vegetables (broad beans, green beans, casserole veg), bananas, tomatoes, baby potatoes, yogurt, veggie burgers, tinned peaches and baked beans, soft cheese, broccoli, lemon curd, quiche, eggs, and a treat of a bottle of chardonnay. All stocked up for a couple of weeks.

I have received a super gift through the post, so thank you very much. I know who it is from, very kind indeed. A book on bag making, 36 projects to make bags of style. There are some good ideas in there, I have plenty of fabric to make some.

Must get on, thanks for popping in, we'll catch up soon.
Toodle pip.

11 comments:

  1. Do love your attitude...Carry on regardless. I need to remember that with all the turmoil in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right about the world. It will not explode and life will go on no matter what the talking heads say.

    Looks like some good eats there. Will be interesting to see which bags catch your eye and how you change them to make them your own.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great haul there, well done. I'm with you on the referendum result, Ilona, the world will not disintegrate because of our decision, carry on regardless is very sensible advice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do lurk in the back ground and never comment! but I so enjoy your blog. I enjoyed it more so tonight after todays jubilation or sadness. You are such a positive person and not easily unhinged! perhaps we should take a leaf out of your book and adapt to what comes our way and take something positive from it.
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lesley, good to hear from you. Welcome to Tightwad Towers.

      Delete
  5. Stay positive Iona, we must. It is nearly summer and the weather looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think England will be better off. France, Italy and many others are going to follow suit. Good to see you are still finding the bargains. Do you keep a hidden supply of food for emergencies? I do. Maybe I am insecure. I can't imagine having no food in the house.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lots of lovely food at reduced prices well done Ilona.
    I for one was pleased with the result, and hope now that we settle down and maybe look after our own people a little more.

    Enjoy the weekend it looks like being a good one, lots of bazaars/fetes on today so hope the sunshine stays.
    Hazel c uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. I too am pleased with the result but I love your attitude to life in general, we could all learn a lot from you Ilona. SueM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The anger splattered with disgusting language coming from Remainers is shocking. No amount of ranting and raving is going to make any difference. Talk about spitting the dummy out and chucking teddy out of the pram, this level of anger is a recipe for a heart attack. Keep calm and carry on.

      Delete
  9. Carry on regardless, you are right. You bought lots of goodies including a bottle of Chardonnay, a wise decision.

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.