Thursday 7 July 2016

Call in when passing.

Good morning. A quick one before I go off to the Bowls Club for a coffee morning. If the grass is not too wet they will allow visitors to have a go at bowls. I love ten pin bowling but have never tried bowls on a green before. 
Last night was a big success, the ladies loved my talk, lots of laughs, and they were very interested in my arts and crafts made from recycled materials. I suspect one or two of them might be having a go at knitting plastic yarn made from carrier bags, or fusing the plastic inners of cereal boxes to create shopping bags. After the singing of Jerusalem (this tradition has almost fizzled out now), and the notices read, it was my turn. Pay attention ladies. 
 The journey home took me past Asda, and you know my mantra, 'Pop in when passing, worth a look.' Look what I found, I spent 8p on bananas, pears, and prepared veg (cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, leeks, carrots). It needs closer inspection but a lot of it is edible, had to throw away half a banana which was blacker than black. Four and a half bananas at 2p is an incredible bargain. I will trim up the veg and cook it today.

Got to dash, I want to walk to the bowls club as it's on my walking route so I can do two jobs in one. Thanks for popping in. We'll catch up soon.
Toodle pip

7 comments:

  1. Great finds as Usual Ilona. I'm going to have to Google 'shopping bags made from cereal packet liners' to see what you mean. You have me intrigued.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing prices for food very inspiring. I wish I had a car as then I would yellow sticker shop every night. I will try to get food at lunch times in the hols as that's when my supermarket does offers.

    Happy bowling!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ilona, have a lovely time at bowls. Just a thought, I don't like over-ripe bananas, or any fruit for that matter, but I whizz them up (bananas) with milk and make a banana shake; the fruits nearly past it gets made into smoothies. Not in any way trying to give you any tips! Just quickly, how are the kids? Any photos when you can would be appreciated. Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  4. The WI were I was a member still sings Jerusalem. Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  5. We do not have anything like the WI here in America but it sounds like such a nice organization. I'm sure that they loved your talk.

    Have fun today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the song 'Jerusalem', but haven't heard it for years unfortunately. Is the 'knitting plastic yarn made from carrier bags' on your site? Sounds really interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, yes it is somewhere. I'll have a look.

      Delete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.