Monday 18 July 2016

Monday's musings from Tightwad Towers

Hello. I'm waiting for it to cool down a bit before I go and do my walk. It's been so chuffin hot here, I've been indoors for most of the day. This morning at the Village Hall for the Crafty Club, we are three years old today, and Heather very kindly baked a cake with a raspberry and cream filling. We are planning ahead and thinking about what decorations we are going to make for our Christmas tree, and we have chosen a date for next years Art Exhibition. When I came home I carried on with sewing, because it was too hot to go outside. 
I have some flowers, some of them are a bit floppy but it all looks nice. Pictures taken from inside the summer house, looking out. The grass is growing nicely up to the bricks now, good to see all the bare earth finally covered in green. 

Some of the yellow sticker veg has been turned into stew, portioned up, and in the freezer. It's butternut squash, sweet potato, courgettes, and spinach. Six meals, plus three smaller pots, all for a cost of £2. A slice of bread to mop up the gravy. That will save a bit of cooking when I can't be bothered.

A few more snapshots of the felt exhibition at the Arts Centre. These are amazingly complex pieces of art. They look almost like porcelain.




Nearly 8pm, I think it might be safe to go out now. Thanks for popping in, and thank you for your comments. We'll catch up soon.
Toodle pip.

10 comments:

  1. The felt is amazing absolutely amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your garden space is wonderfully green and I find the felt intriguing...Best of luck with the shed competition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your expression, 'can't be bothered." There's so much to do and see, and I think I will use that line from time to time to buy me some time to what I'd rather be doing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your freezer stock looks delicious - good enough to eat! I agree, the felt is amazing. SueM

    ReplyDelete
  5. Youre stew sounds yum might have a bash at that combo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The felt art pieces are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your garden looks so beautiful and inviting. Wish I could grow poppies, but the slugs keep eating them (along with the dahlias, sunflowers, carrots, spring onions and so on and so forth).

    ReplyDelete
  8. love your blog, spent a bit of time in London in the seventies, when you say hot please add temps, I'm here in the US and we are in the upper eighties, lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Those felt pieces are stunning! Garden looks lovely too.
    Jane

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.