Saturday 13 August 2016

Taking trees down with a handsaw and kitchen knife

Hello. Well that's left a big hole in my hedge, ha ha. I got the last trunks down and now it's tidy up time. I will take some of the tops down of the other shrubs to lower the height a bit, and plant something to fill the gaps here. It won't look so bad when I have trimmed up all the others. 
Off to the tip, this is why I have a big car, comes in handy as a van. There are two trunks which wouldn't fit in, I'll make up another load when I've done some trimming.

I have started cutting felt shapes out to make some decorations to sell on our crafty stall at the Christmas Fair. A bit early I know, but I don't want to leave it till the last minute then have to rush.

I watched Shed of the Year this morning, programme number three which was on last night. I liked all the sheds, and remember some of the sheddies I was talking to when we did the filming. There were two snippets of me on it, a taster of what is to come. I think it's going to be a laugh.

I asked on Twitter if anyone knows how my readers in other parts of the world might watch it, and someone came back with a possible solution. I don't understand it myself, I am not technically minded when it comes to computers. My contact says, Using the Chrome browser with the Hola extension you can watch Channel 4oD. Hola will fake your location to make you look like you are in the UK.  I have no idea what that means.

Right, I am winding down, won't be long before I am in bed, so I'll say goodnight. We'll catch up soon. Have a nice Sunday.
Toodle pip

8 comments:

  1. www.filmon.com is website that will let us in Canada watch British t.v. free of charge. It may also work in other countries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. George Clarke's programmes are very popular here in New Zealand and broadcast on ordinary TV channels. We are watching the latest series of Amazing Spaces - later than the UK of course. Can't wait to see you and your shed - last year's were amazing - people are so clever and your's is so clever and pretty. Audrey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looked like very hard work Ilona what a nice outlook thou. The cutouts are lovely and colorful and beautifully cut.

    Enjoy your day.
    Hazel c uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. good work Ilona

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, it is possible to buy kit for your devices that will allow you to choose where your location is in the world. So - say you are in USA for your hols and you cant get content for something u want to watch, you can choose your location as London. You can buy these (don't know name) easily. The shopping channel, QVC UK stocks it from time to time. Basically it fools cookies. Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Saw you at the end of Friday's prog. Can't wait to see how it pans out. Fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. To whomever suggested Hola...you are brilliant! I can finally watch some British shows mentioned without being kicked off. And Hola is free! Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi. I am glad it works for you. I have passed on your thanks to my twitterer.

      Delete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.