Saturday 1 December 2018

Walking Group check in. The last hurdle.

It's that time again, where Walking Group members check in with their mileage. Time flies, only one month left till the end of the year. Howz ya all doin? I am at 907 miles, had hoped to be a a bit further on, but I have done 100 in a month before so there is still a chance I will make the 1000. No slacking now, head down, boots on, just walk.

To recap who checked in last month. 18 peoples are still walking.

Joy Central Vic Australia1 November 2018 at 08:56
74 miles this month. Total so far 818 miles and I may just make it!! Yippee :)

Love your photos Ilona.

Hi to everybody in the walking group. I had a busy month so only managed 72.5 miles. My total for the year so far is 847.5 so I'm still a little ahead of target. Good luck everybody with the final two months of the challenge. Even if you are not going to make the 1000 miles it's still worth getting out there and investing in your physical and mental well being.
Jacquie x

Low total of miles; sad month for me, trying to get back on feet after having to put my cat to sleep after 16 years together; me & my other 2 cats are missing him. Have only just started up walking again last week so total for the month is 22.8 miles. Total yr-t-date is 212.6 miles. Thx!

Hello Ilona,

After three months of little to no walking due to heel pain I managed to walk 46 kilometers in October by just a few four or five times a week.
Total so far is 729, so I don't think I can make it to 1000 this year, but I am so happy I am on the walking move again.
Cycling km. for October 120. Now the weather becomes really autumnally cold, wet and windy here in Dokkum in The Netherlands I don't think cycling will stay a regular activity. Walking is nicer and easier for me in this 'bad weather' season :>)
Cheers to all fellow walkers,

Hi everyone
My total to date is 901 miles.

Patricia in Canada1 November 2018 at 12:56
Hello from Canada, Patricia here. Walked 64 miles during October, total for the year 675 miles. Walked in the rain yesterday with brolly and wellies, not cold as it was 13 C. More rain expected today. (So glad it is not that white stuff, it will be here soon I am sure). Finally the leaves are starting to change colour and fall, it seems to be so much later this year, the reason could be all of the sun we had recently. Also been on a diet of sorts, cutting out a lot of carbs, and eating more veg, happy to report I have lost 10 lbs over the past three months, slow and steady wins the race. Walking has also had a hand in this loss too. I was not a lot over weight, but felt pudgy, it is so hard to get rid of those extra pounds as you get older. Talking about getting older, the middle of this month I will be 77 years old, (how did I get that old), thankful that I can do all the walking with no issues.  Patricia

Well done everyone and lovely pictures Ilona. I’ve only managed 31 and am falling by the wayside a bit. I was away for a week and since then got caught up with other interests and commitments. I need to motivate myself. Weather here continues mostly clear and sunny though has been very cold. I hate the clocks going back and the dark days, I have episodes of depression during the winter which I’m sure are related to the lack of light. All the more reason to get outside then!!

76.5 miles for October and that brings my total so far to 759.5 the point 5's add up, they're too good to waste. I love this time of year for walking.

Hi Ilona and the walking group,hope you are all well. Miles for October is 89 bringing my total to 893.

I love getting out walking nearly every day but am finding that I can't do a morning's heavy gardening and then walk in the afternoon.
My total so far this year is 985. I was hoping to reach 1200 as we aimed for that last year and failed to reach it. Realistically I don't think we'll make it this year either.

Hi Ilona 75.6 for me this month. Only on about 800 so touch and go whether I make the 1000

111 miles this month 824 in total should manage the 1000 now if everything goes to plan
Everyone's doing really well on the home straight now sure we'll all do our best to reach the target we set ourselves good luck allxx

Hi Ilona. 76 miles for me this month. Total 806 so far. I’m feeling much fitter than I did at the beginning of the year and even though some days it feels like an effort to go, I always feel much better once I have been.

Only 74 miles this month bringing my total to 1119 miles. However, 20 of those miles were from a lovely weekend spent in Stockholm. Even with the cooler weather, what a fantastic walker friendly city. All the best and keep up the great work!. Cheers

Hilde in Germany3 November 2018 at 05:27
Late as usual, with 79 miles this month, bringing me up to 897.

Hi everybody, I managed 161 miles this month which gives me a total of 1018 miles. The weather is supposed to be warming up here as it’s late spring but it’s been wet and windy. Lisa W. Tasmania, Australia.

Hi done 77 this month and 814 in total. 

Slow month walking this month in Phoenix, but still going to the gym and being active. Total of 34 miles in October, brings year to date total to 567. Thanks again for keeping us going Ilona! Your walks are much more scenic than mine, but you also go a lot further ;)

Thank you everyone, now we have the last push. Don't forget, you are doing this for you, not for me. You look after your own body and I will look after mine. That's all I ask. ilona

33 comments:

  1. Hi Ilona, I am still on track, be it slowly...but surely!
    Walked 40 kilometers in November and on my bike I managed to add 54 kilometers.
    Total walking kilometers 769. I feel very happy and content.
    Cheers to you and all my fellow walkers.

    Jeanneke.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear you are doing well, keep it up.

      Delete
  2. Joy, Central Vic Australia1 December 2018 at 11:12

    85 miles this month, so total 903 miles !! Well, well, who would have thought it at the beginning of the year eh !! 1000 miles is sooo do-able, one month to go, and I think I should be able to do that ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There you go you see. Put your mind to anything and you can do it.

      Delete
  3. Hi , I'm still walking but have been missing a lot of days in the past few months , for various reasons, think my low point was a poor 36 miles in October. November was only slightly better , despite my best intentions, with 51 miles, my total to date is 881 so 1000 possibly still just about do-able if I get focussed. Made a start with 4.5 miles this morning. Hope everyone else reaches their personal targets too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Soldier on Odette, you're a trouper who won't give in.

      Delete
  4. Patricia in Canada1 December 2018 at 15:46

    Hello everyone, 58 miles for November, not as good as the previous month. The weather now has started to make walking a bit difficult, and as I live in a city the sidewalks are the last thing to be cleared of ice and snow. There is a mall close by so will likely have to become a "Mall Walker" when the weather makes it even more difficult. At my age don't want to fall. Will keep plodding along, some walking is better than none. Patricia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No don't fall. Put your headphones in when you walk through the Mall, blot out the noise.

      Delete
  5. Hello Ilona and the walking group, hope you are all well. Only 70 miles in november bringing my total to 963, here we go for the last leg.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am walking my dogs for about an hour each day.I don't measure it though.It's very exhausting as the latest addition is lively to say the least.Today the 3 dogs and myself have joined a group of other dogs and I am being trained how to behave with my dogs.It was wet and tireing but great fun x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Ilona.
    I really hope you reach your target but if not there's a new year starting in 31 days!
    I am trying to reach 1200 but there are several obstacles and still more than 100 miles to go so like you my head will be down.
    I'm going to try to get some longer walks in at the beginning of this month because either the weather or Christmas will get in the way later on.
    My total so far is 1091 to the end of November.
    Enjoy your month. Is your 3 feline friend still venturing into the house or has he retreated again now that the weather isn't so violent?
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue, you are our number one walker.

      He is waiting to come in every morning when I open the door. He eats, then snoozes, then goes out, then back for lunch. In and out when it suits him. I would rather he stayed in overnight, but he prefers to be out. Maybe when he is a bit older and wants a nice bed.

      Delete
  8. Hi Ilona and all the happy walkers!

    I did 56 miles this month for a year to date 622. While I am off last years pace, I go to the gym and work out three times a week, so this level of walking is perfect. Some days, weather or schedules aren’t very walking friendly so I have to split the walk into short bursts, but it works. Ilona, thank you again for planting this seed and creating the walking group! Walking has changed my life in many wonderful ways, many unrelated to walking ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the way, do what works best for you, mix it up a bit.

      Delete
  9. Hi everyone I've done 91 miles this month making 913 should make it now i hope whatever you've done is brilliant keep it going it's good for your physical and mental health. Hope you all make the 1000 miles Kath xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you will make it now, one last push.

      Delete
  10. Hi Ilona and Walking Group. 152 miles for me which gives me a total of 1170 miles. The weather is warming up here and we are apparently in for a very, very hot summer . That will mean lots of early morning walks before it gets to hot to go outside. I hope we all do this next year, it’s been good to read about everyone’s ups and downs and progress. Lisa W. Tasmania, Australia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's bloomin fantastic. You're a star for sure.

      Delete
  11. Hilde in Germany2 December 2018 at 06:30

    68 miles in November, 955 in total. We had two weeks with good walking weather, but now it has started raining. But I am quite happy about the rain, we did not have any since May and the water level in the river Rhine is so low that some of the ferries cannot cross any more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a doddle for you. The last few miles will be easy peasy.

      Delete
  12. Hi fellow walkers! It's taken a while to get back out and walking in November, but am going again now with a few walks completed. A low total of 19.2 miles for the month. Overall total is 231.8 miles to end Nov.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fantastic Gillian. Do it at your own pace, for the good of your health. It's not a competition.

      Delete
  13. 120 for the month bringing my total to 1239. Happy walking everyone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm getting left behind, you are far better than me. Well done.

      Delete
  14. 60 miles in November, total 819.5 miles. Looks a bit behind but yippee, I just acquired a new dog that has loads of energy and needs lots of walking, so I expect the miles to pile up while the waistline recedes!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'd like to walk more. Please can you tell me how everybody measures the distance they walk? I can't walk that far anyway, a wander out with the dog, half a mile there and back is more my sort of thing now my mobility isn't great but I would like the motivation of measuring and improving. I've had a pedometer but it was useless, several steps would go on it if I so much as moved my body slightly without actually doing a step.
    Well done to all your walkers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Smartphone app and pedometer. I compare the two at the end of the walk and they are both same .

      Delete
  16. Sorry I am late checking in. These totals are amazing and I congratulate everyone on their distances. I’ve only managed 36 miles in November. I have not done well with the challenge this year. I am not organised enough and am experiencing poor motivation now it is winter. However I will carry on through December and will hopefully feel more motivated in the new year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As Ilona says you are challenging yourself to walk more so don't compare yourself with others or you'll be discouraged.
      Three things that spur me on....
      1) Recording my total every day in a small notebook. The blank spaces on days I miss are very accusing!
      2) Reporting in to this blog every month. Ilona is doing us all a great service by keeping this page open.
      I'm amazed not more people are using it.
      3) Reminding myself that there is always another day and any walking is better than none!
      Good luck, Sue

      Delete
  17. Sorry Ilona. Bit late checking in this month due to having been on holiday. Only managed 62 miles this month due to the holiday and another chest infection but determined to do better this month to finish off the year.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sorry for the late update, my total to end of November is 1005 miles.
    Well done to all involved

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.