Sunday 30 June 2019

Standing under the trees on a blistering hot day

That was a very busy day yesterday. I was up early, put the tables on the trolley and trundled them down to the village green and set them up for the day's event. Sue and Janet arrived with their stuff to sell. I went back to re load the trolley with some of my stuff to sell. Ken helped me carry some of it which wouldn't fit on the trolley. 
It took us an hour to set the stall up. My goodness, we had so much to shift. People started trickling in. The official start time was 12.30pm, but visitors arrived before that. We were ready. A few pics, but oh dear, I forgot to take a photo of our own stall. What a plonker. 

Assortment of stalls, other charities taking the opportunity to raise funds for their cause.

The tea tent is always popular.

The school choir belting out a song or two.


It was a blazing hot day, as predicted, Everyone sweltered and gathered under the trees to escape the sun. We were ok, our regular spot is always in the shade under the trees. I was so tired last night, it was a lot of work, but worth it, we raised a tidy sum. The stuff I have left over will be offered to Janet and Sue for their car boot sales, or given to charity shops.

I was up at 6.30am this morning, as soon as I had a small breakfast, cereal and a banana, I was off out to do my walk. Which brings my total up to the magical 500 miles. Phew, that was close. Now I've got to mow the lawns, another busy day.

Tomorrow is check in day for the International Walking Group. How are you all doing? I look forward to receiving your miles. Toodle pip.   ilona

5 comments:

  1. So pleased you had a good time and hope lots of money was raised.
    Hazel c uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought of you yesterday in all that heat,it was a scorcher!.Glad you managed to have your stall in the shade.Very pleased that you made a tidy sum for the cats,every penny counts when it is for animals.Ive sorted yet another 20 pieces of clothing,plus some bits n bobs for the animal charity shop.They sell their stuff for only £1 and £2,mags for 10p,so they are always busy.As I say every year,I do wish that I lived nearer,because I love going to fetes like yours.Years ago,we used to have things like this where I live but it never happens now.The field where it used to be held is full of houses being built.Anyway,it looks like a great time was had by all!,xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely a summer fete and a tea tent Happy memories of England for me. Looked a perfect day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad that you had such a lovely day and that you did so well for your charity.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It all looks so pretty and your grass is sooo green,glad the day was successful ��

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.