Saturday 6 July 2019

My art - Hundertwasser style

That's another one done. I saw these lollipop trees in Stitch magazine, and thought I would have a go at making them. In the article they were on a circular background with lots of messy stitching. I put my own slant on it. In the article there are three smaller trees on the top and two bigger trees below them. I made them all the same size. 
I didn't have any lollipop sticks so I had to make them. Strips of vinyl flooring painted with nail varnish. I did machine stitching, and hand embroidery.






Embellished with beads and sequins.




It has a dark blue back on it, with blanket stitch around the edge to hold it all together. Sandwiched in the middle is a piece of hardboard with a layer of wadding each side of it. I added two rows of whispy red wool with a crochet hook, going through the loops of the blanket stitch.

This wire frame was what I was going to use but decided not to. It was going to look odd with the sticking out bit at the bottom. I can use this for something else. 


This is the picture from the magazine. The textile artist who made this is Nikki Parmenter. She does some amazing work. Check out her web site here.

Check out this page from Wiki art to read about Friedensreich Hundertwasser. 

Now watch this video, it's fascinating. His art reminds me of Grayson Perry's work. 


I am so pleased that I have found this. Another name to put on my list of favourite artists. 
Toodle pip.  ilona

16 comments:

  1. You've done an amazing job, love your work. I think her border is far too busy, your interpertation is bright and happy without the distraction of the lines in that border.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I completely love this. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Move over Nikki Parmenter ILona's hot on your trail, lol
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it looks fab ! I much prefer your colour scheme.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is indeed lovely. I love how bright it is.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love to see your creations, they are always so bright and cheery.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice work..and you're enjoying it!
    We saw the Hundterwasser exhibition in March in Whangarei..hope to return and see the finished centre in the future

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is lovely Ilona, the colours are so beautiful. Another one to go on display I hope.
    Hazel c uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your creation, it's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another master piece!!The blanket stitch and the chain stitch brought back memories of my Swiss granny teaching me this when I was a little girl,xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning! And the level of detail, planning and execution is evident and impressive. Definitely one of my favorites. Good job, Ilona!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are amazing..talented..frugal..joyous..generous...one day..soon I hope ..your work will be hanging in art galleries. Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love it and you just get better and better all the time!!!! Your colors remind me of Lucy in her Blog on Attic 24.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes....the kind of art you like...colorful and quirky . I visited the Hundertwasser toilets in Kawakawa, Northland, New Zealand some years ago. I think the only toilet that I have visited where I took so many photos!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are very clever and creative!!

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.