Thursday 19 September 2019

A WOW hotel

I've often wondered what a Boutique Hotel is, now I know. This is the Brockley Hall Hotel. at Saltburn. Looks rather grand from the front. 
A beautiful old building, with a big extension at the back. It has 30 en suite rooms.

In the entrance hall as you go in. I had a nice surprise when I checked in, they had upgraded me to a double room. 
Meeting room.
There were flower decorations everywhere.
The Flamingo Room.

The restaurant.

My breakfast table.

Look at the ceiling, amazing.

The lounge area. High backed comfy chairs.




The bar lounge.



Love these quirky cushions.

The courtyard.

These gypsy caravans are for hire, for the day. Not for sleeping in, but for entertaining and partying with friends.


This was my September treat. The staff were very friendly, the breakfast was first class, and it's ideally situated for Saltburn town and beaches and Promenade. No this isn't an advert, I paid for my room, I am just passing on my opinions of it. I would love to go back there one day.

Today I have been walking again. I met up with Vicki and we did 10 miles in the Yorkshire Wolds. A few pictures from this walk, after I have posted those from my Monday walk from Saltburn to Staithes. So if you like countryside pictures come back soon.
Toodle pip.

15 comments:

  1. Beautiful. I know you enjoyed your treat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a refreshing quirkiness to that hotel! So much to look at, wonderfully different wallpaper and other accessories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is the most amazing looking hotel that I have ever seen. Totally over the top with the color and decoration !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes!,It looks a lovely hotel and it is nice to splash out on our selves now and again!.To me this is what frugal,simple and basic life is all about.Saving the pennies for treats and great times..plus any emergencies that crop up!.I have mentioned before,how I love that you plan so much in an overnight trip.I do this and it makes it feel like you have been away for much longer!xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad to hear you treated yourself and that the hotel did not disappoint. Looking forward to the next post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pleased you had a good time and the hotel looks inviting, just goes to show it you are careful with your money what lovely treats you can have. Glad you had a good walk with Vicki as well.
    It's going to be a nice day again.
    Hazel c uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just come across this blog would love to join if possible. I am looking for a one bedroom dog friendly cottage near the sea in Saltburn for a break if anyone can recommend please. We are retired and live in Cambridgeshire but hubby was born in Bp Auckland and I'm trying to plan adventures for us plus dog on a budget. Best wishes
    Esined

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi. You don't have to join, anyone can read and anyone can comment. Comments are moderated before publishing. Someone might come along and be able to offer you some guidance. Please note that this is not a forum, so anyone who sends a comment might not come back to read the post again.

      Delete
  8. Glad you had a lovely time. Looks most interesting. Great when you get an unexpected upgrade too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do like the decor of the hotel Ilona,and especially the bulldog? wearing a crown in the fireplace x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, indeed it looks like a wonderful place to stay. Like you I loved the cushions, such fun.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Do you still stay at YHAs?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No. I used to base my holidays around them, but there aren't any where I want to stay. Pricing has changed as well, they no longer offer a £3 per night discount for members.

      Delete
  12. Fab, love to read about your jolly adventures xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful hotel. It is nice to get pampered every once n a while.

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.