Wednesday 12 May 2021

Exploring

Hello. Funny how one leads to another when flicking around yoootooob videos. I was watching Patrick Dickinson's exploration of abandoned railway tunnels, and river tunnels. He puts on his waders and sloshes his way through underground rivers. 
Inside one tunnel he pointed out the amazing reverberations of sound. The way echo's bounce off the walls and return almost a minute later. 
Then I found a video about the worlds longest echo tunnel. the Inchindown oil tanks at Invergordon Scotland. Which led me onto abandoned echo domes. 
And now I have found a whole lot of exploration videos for all sorts of abandoned buildings. These will keep me going for a while. Here is an amazing cathedral. Watch to the end when they ring the bells. 
I'm going to do an extra Billy walk today because we were cut short yesterday by heavy rain. Billy was not enjoying it neither was I. Sunny so far, hope it stays like that. 
Thanks for popping in, we'll catch up soon. Toodle pip. 

5 comments:

  1. There's a chap on Youtube called Dumpman who does something similar. Arilx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for that. I've had a look. Another explorer for me to enjoy.

      Delete
  2. Very interesting to watch but I dont think I would have risked going up those stairs!.I do love old buildings though.I love hearing church bells and when I first moved to my house 43 years ago,every Sunday you could hear the bells from about half a mile away.But a few years back they stopped never to be heard again.The last time I heard any was when I was in Canterbury and I stopped in the street to listen to them coming from the cathedral,maybe about 10 years ago.I was hoping that those young lads were going to give us a blast,lol.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you tried Martin Zero from Manchester. He does Rivers, Tunnels and Industrial.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, what can I say. Amazing adventures and professionally made videos. I watched the tunnel within a tunnel. Scary stuff. Better than any TV programme. Thanks for that.

      Delete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.