Wednesday 6 October 2021

Leverburgh to Berneray on a CalMac Ferry.

It's been a nice day today so I've been outside in the garden. Just a short blog post tonight. Waiting at Leverburgh for the ferry to arrive. Here it is. 
The sea looks calm thank goodness. Gently does it. Approaching the ramp. 

Such precision. 

Everybody out. 

It doesn't take long to empty and reload it. Now we're on our way. It's a one hour crossing. It would be dead easy if it went in a straight line, but there are a lot of rocks and small islands on this route, so it has to zigzag around the marker buoys. 
Not quite full, space for some more. 

That was easy. Approaching Berneray. 

We'll be getting off shortly. Or is that disembark in nautical terms. 

And now to continue the adventure on North Uist. A lot more miles still to drive. 

Pop in tomorrow for the next instalment of the Outer Hebrides holiday. 

Toodle pip.   ilona

3 comments:

  1. Wow I would be really interested to hear what the outer Hebrides is like I look forward to the next chapterx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have been anxiously waiting for your N. Uist posts. My grandfather was born in Hosta, N. Uist in 1886 but moved to Canada in 1907. I still have relatives there but haven't visited for many years although my siblings and cousins have, several times. Such history.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I look forward to your posts set in the Outer Hebrides, it sounds romantic and remote.

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.