Monday 6 December 2021

Stealth car camping is fun

Hello. This car camping guy makes me laugh, he is so likeable. I think his name is Adam. He lives in Leicester and takes off into the countryside when he needs a break from work. Have a butchers at this one for light hearted entertainment. 

In his latest video the battery went flat in his hand held device which meant he couldn't access the map of a trail he was walking on. Then of course the signal can also be lost in a hilly area. He had to double back and go straight back to his car because there wasn't much daylight left. He uses an app to find locations for wild camping, places which have some interesting walks nearby. 
I put a comment on to suggest he buys paper maps as a back up. Admitted they are a bit expensive but you can use them over and over again. I have got plenty of use out of my OS maps. Good walking around the Settle area. I love it there. 
I've done lots of exploring around Malham. 

Some wild campers like to find their overnight spot before they set out, so the App is good for that. Others drive to an area they want to explore then look for a layby. A map is all you need for that.
It's chucking it down with rain outside today. I am putting the back on my embroidered picture, then a soak in the bath is planned. 
Thanks for popping in.  We'll catch up soon.   
Toodle pip.   ilona 

2 comments:

  1. Wow thank you so much forthis, love that you love my vlogs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. I like your cheerful spirit. Your cooking antics are very amusing.

      Delete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.