Sunday 27 November 2022

It's Showtime again

I went back to Lincoln Showground yesterday for the Food and Gift Fair. At one time I would never pay to go in these events, but now I can afford to splash out on a few treats. £7 to get in. 
In the entrance there was a big display with literature from The Christmas Decorators. I didn't know there is a company that will decorate private homes, inside and out. Most people I would say do their own decorating. I have no idea how much it costs to pay someone to do that. Probably lots, and only affordable for the wealthy. Have a look at their web site. There is a video with a full description of what they do. Cherie might be interested to watch this for ideas, when she does her own house. 



An area was set aside for cooking demonstrations. I sat and watched this man cook up a slab of steak, only because I wanted somewhere to sit down and eat my own snack of a cheese and onion roll and an egg custard. People were queuing to dip their fingers in for a taste after he had finished. 
Strike up the band. There was a massive marquee with open sides which joined up the two exhibition halls, so it was completely under cover. Mobile food caterers lined up on each side and picnic tables were set up down the middle. Some of the food looked really nice, but I took my own. 

You've got to have a Santa. There were several actually. A real man dressed up in costume, sat on a sleigh. 
A Lincoln Imp put in an appearance, at this speciality beer stand.

Tons of Christmas decs everywhere. 

Jams, chutneys, honey, marmalade, and all kinds of preserves. 


And if you are looking for something really different, why not buy some edible bugs and insects. Try before you buy. No thanks. 


This is what I bought. I splashed out on some nice cheese. Dates well into next year. Two different stalls. One of them has a farm in Burton upon Trent, they make their own cheese. I had to buy some, didn't I. Here is a link if you want to buy some. It can be posted out. 
A sweet treat for me. Lime Tree Pantry Foods are at Ollerton near Newark. They do a delivery service. 

Yum, honey. I don't buy honey very often. After tasting it, I couldn't resist buying a jar. 

I found a calendar for next year to my liking in the format I prefer. It has pictures of cows and trees in it. Perfect. I did feel sorry for a young man who tried his hardest to sign me up for a Woodland Trust membership. I explained that I don't do direct debits or give my bank details to charities. I will happily give cash, but of course they are not allowed to take it. Most charities are going that way now. 

I am happy with my purchases and was home by 4pm. 

Once again, thank you for reading my blog. Don't worry about not being able to comment. I can assure you that I will continue to post. It's a relief to me to have the barriers up and block out the nasty people. Thanks for popping in. Have a nice Sunday. Toodle pip.   ilona

No comments: