Wednesday 5 April 2023

Sunday at Conisbrough.

Hello, we are now half way through the week  so let's get this post about a trip to Conisbrough, done and dusted. There is a car park for visitors to the Castle and as I was studying the instruction board on how to pay to park my car, a lady approached me and directed me to some free parking around the corner in a nearby street. Thank you very much lady. I was pleased about that because I had forgotten to take my purse, and only had a five pound note in my rucksack. The machine only took coins or scan the code with a phone. 


I had a walk in mind to head towards Sprotbrough alongside of the river, and come back down the other side, which is part of the Trans Pennine Trail. 

I could see a viaduct in the distance. That might be a good place to explore. 
Come and have a look with me.

I came off the river onto the road at Sprotbrough. The sun had brought a lot of people out. The pub was busy, the car park was full. I sat on a bench and watched the world go by as I ate my sandwich. 



Time to head off back. The path went alongside the bottom of the viaduct. The path coming back was a lot different to the other one on the other side. All tarmac and easy walking. Great for families with dogs and kids, and cyclists. 

There was a way up to the top of it. Had to go up there and have a look at the views. 
The sun was going down when I got back to the castle. A young man had his camera on a tripod waiting for the exact moment to press the shutter. He takes photo's all the year round and makes up a calendar to be sold for community funds. 
I forgot all about the time as I was enjoying the conversation with the photographer. It was late when I got back, the pussies gathered around me as I opened the door. 
Only seven miles walked but it seemed like it was a lot more. There was a lot of up and downs, and a lot of paddling through mud, which always slows me down. 
Anyway, must go. I have some more pics to sort out from the last two days at Whitby with a stop off at Pickering on the way back.
Thanks for popping in. We'll catch up soon. Toodle pip.   ilona

3 comments:

  1. Just amazing!!! Definitely helps you forget everything going on in the world. Thanks for taking us car camping mother!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome to come along, Tammy. I like variety in my life.

      Delete
  2. Thank you for sharing the lovely pics of your travels!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published after my approval.