Tuesday 30 January 2024

Humber Bridge sunset

A sunny day today, bonus. After the doggy walk I had some lunch then went off to Barton on Humber. First I called in at the little brewery at the Tile Works to buy six bottles of their delicious craft beers. Then I went to The Ropewalk to look at the art exhibitions. Next I drove to the car park at the Visitor Centre on the banks of the Humber, had a walk round and took some photo's. The sun was starting to go down behind me. 



I looked across the river towards Hull and took a few photos. Smashing zoom on this camera. Although the water looks blue, it isn't. 
The P&O ferry for Rotterdam, berthed at King George Dock. Seven miles from where I am standing as the crow flies. 

That is the pier at New Holland on the South Bank. 


I couldn't see the sunset from the Visitor Centre, it was behind a building, so I decided the best place to see it is on the bridge. I had to move the car to the bottom of the steps which go up onto the bridge from the road below. I can see it is going down, maybe if I walk a bit further.  
That's better. I can see the pond and the Tile Works below. I thought I might walk to one of the two towers, but then I decided to walk the whole distance there and back. I was in the mood for walking. 

I kept stopping to turn around and take another picture. It looked pretty fabulous. A bit different to my fields and trees pictures. 


I arrived at the toll booths, turned round and went back. Nothing to see on the return walk, the sun was gone. It's two miles each way. 

It's getting late and I'm tired. I'll say goodnight. Toodle pip.   ilona

2 comments:

  1. Lovely photo's Ilona👍 brought a smile to my face you having a fantastic time .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your a trooper !!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are closed.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.