Tuesday 2 July 2024

A bit of this and that

We have a new coffee morning starting up in the village. It is at the church on a Tuesday morning, at the same time that the Post Office opens. I went this morning as usual, to take some cash out for my weekly spending, then popped into the next room for a coffee and biscuits. It's a good idea to use the church for recreational purposes, but I don't think I will be partaking of refreshments every week. Two morning clubs a week is enough. 
I was on my hands and knees this afternoon, pulling weeds up. Oh my, not good for the back. I can only do about half an hour of that, then I have to stand up and stretch. 
My resident ducks have gone missing. I saw a neighbour from up the street. She says they are in her garden, and they are nesting. One duck did turn up here this afternoon for a short time. It came running towards me when I went out with the food. Now it's gone again.
This afternoon necessitated a vets visit. Mickey has a bloody ear. Looks like he has been in a bit of a scuffle with another cat. I don't know which one. There is a bit of rivalry between the three of them. He will be alright. 
No more news today. I put this video on yoootooob yesterday, so I might as well post it here to fill a space. 
The sun is out and now, I will go for a walk. 
Thanks for popping in. Toodle pip.   ilona

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are closed.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.