Wednesday 9 October 2024

After the bikes.

Good morning. It is Wednesday and it has been raining. Stopped now. I will go to Coffee Morning shortly. I missed Crafty Club on Monday. Yesterday I went to the Post Office in the church and had a coffee there. The tables are set out with tablecloths and small plates for cake eating. The conversation centred around the difficulties of getting an appointment at the medical centre. It's jabby time and one lady was going to take her letter and demand an appointment. I could not contribute to that conversation.
So, let's catch up. What happened after I left the biking do. 
Saturday afternoon. I left my parking place at Alrewas, and drove a couple of miles along the A38 to pull in at Barton under Needwood. It is a large village where I was brought up as a nipper. I don't remember anything about that. It was soon after when we were offered a council house the other side of Burton. 
Barton Turns pub is next to the canal, which runs alongside the busy A38 trunk road. I parked nearby and went a walk along the canal towpath. Getting away from the noise did not happen. I have a solution, switch the hearing aid off. 
This narrowboat came chugging along. I shouted to the man, give us a smile. 
 
And he did. 
I came off the canal at the next bridge, being mindful of how much time I had left before I went home. I walked through Barton and recognised some street names. The OS map guided me towards the Marina. There I sat on a bench and ate my sandwich. 

I didn't take many photo's there. I have seen it all before. 
Time to head off home. Big smile on face, it was a lovely day out. 
Thanks for popping in. Toodle pip.   ilona

1 comment:

  1. hi Ilona. nice pics. I love the canal walks too. Went to Burton last Friday. Didn't walk down the river this time. The fields are all flooded.( as you know they do ) Vince has just finished making me a little canal boat, to go with my small collection . I like to walk along the canal path from Willington to Mercia Marina. Have a good day. Caz. x

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published after my approval.