. . . . . . . . . . .your lithium batteries.
News item from Cornwall Live.
A heartbreaking tragedy has struck a Cornish family after sixty years of cherished memories and generations of hard work went up in smoke in a matter of hours.
On Sunday, July 18, a ferocious fire tore through Saddle Rock Farm in Rejerrah, sending a massive plume of dark smoke billowing into the sky that could be seen for miles across mid-Cornwall.
What began as a routine afternoon turned into a nightmare when a lithium battery left on charge suddenly caught alight, igniting a catastrophic inferno that destroyed everything in its path.
The smallholding between Newquay and Truro was far more than just a piece of land; it was a deeply sentimental sanctuary built from the ground up by the owner's late father over six decades ago.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I have given up with rechargeable tools and equipment. They are useless anyway, never hold their charge for long enough. The only thing I recharge is my mobile phone and camera batteries. and only when I am in the house to keep an eye on them.
And as for electric cars, look how many catch fire. On driveways when charging, when parked in multistory car parks, and even when they are being transported on ferries across the seas.
If you want to take that risk then so be it.
Catch you later. Toodle pip. ilona
I agree with you Ilona. I stay in when charging anything, ipad in particular as I can only get cheep Chinese chargers for my particular size of ipad, and the wir-to/joints-ends get loose quite quickly. Electric cars scare me, they really do. My neighbour said his keeps moving when he hasn't pressed the peddle,... and other unexpected things (can't remember exactly what as I gave up listening as he went on and on and on about what he doesn't like about it.... unfortunately he got conned into geting a wall changer with a goverment discount and now he's stuck as he got it on HP... and it would cost too much to change it as he's locked into a contract).
ReplyDeleteOhh, how sad. My friend Rachel's tumble dryer caught fire, she was luckly, she hadn't yet gone to work and it was in a utility room so a bit contained. Norma.
ReplyDelete