Sunday, 10 January 2010

Shopping bag number 7

Another day indoors, but things are looking up, the snow is melting and it's starting to rain, so it's likely I might venture out tomorrow. I took the cover off the sewing machine this morning and knocked up another shopping bag, this is the seventh. I found some smaller pieces of the gazebo roof in my offcut box, not big enough to make a big bag, so I added some oddments of window blinds to make a reasonable 13" x 14" bag. I like to have bags of different sizes. I made the logo out of fused plastic carrier bags, I thought it would look quirky if I pushed the letters up close together. Thank you to everyone who commented on my Rock Pool, it's great to have your feedback. I am now looking for inspiration for my next project. The trouble is you can never tell where it will come from. Ideas just happen, it's just a matter of playing around with something untill it switches a light on in my head. At the moment my head is full of other stuff, I need to declutter it. Toodle pip.

4 comments:

  1. Lucky you having rain. It is still snowing here in Leeds. The bag is great - you are so clever. I am looking forward to seeing your next creation(s)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here is a fab forum, lots of really frugal people making ends meet in lot of creative ways; a global forum too with lots of ideas.

    http://www.selfsufficientish.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=12721&start=15

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks a really useful size, loved the rock pool too, especially the zip rock made me smile.

    ReplyDelete



Comment moderation is switched ON at the moment to block spammers. Your comment will be posted after I have checked it. Thank you.