Wednesday 17 February 2010

There is such a thing as a free lunch

I was treated to lunch today, I wasn't expecting it so it was a nice surprise. Some months ago I was asked by the local U3A group, that's the University of the Third Age, to do a talk on my experiences as a female lorry driver. I really enjoy doing this so I accepted their invitation.

I arrived at the village hall at 10.00am and set up my projector, and after they read the notices I took the floor at 10.40. There was about seventy in the large room so I had to use the pa system. I really get a buzz with a microphone in my hand, and in no time I had them falling about laughing. They were such a jolly crowd, it makes the job so easy. Afterwards people came up to me and said how much they enjoyed it.

Just as I was packing away, a very nice gentleman asked if I would care to join them for lunch. Well I could hardly refuse could I, hearing the words, 'I'll treat you', swung it for me. So for my free lunch I had cheese and broccoli bake, chips, peas and salad, and for pudding I had treacle sponge and custard. It was lovely. With a bit of luck I might be asked to go back and give them my money saving and simple living talk. I had a very enjoyable day and a lot of fun.

3 comments:

  1. you deserved the treat, you gave them a giggle which must have brightened up a cold day - glad you had a lovely lunch -

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so brave of you Ilona, speaking in front of so many. I'd be struck dumb and shaking at the knees! Have you done many talks before?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have done talks before, Butterfly. I find it quite easy, knowing my subject inside out helps. Anything from 10 to 200 people, mixed or single sex groups.

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.