Thursday 14 April 2011

Being a bit crafty

Good Morning. I've a lot going on today. Tonight I'm giving a talk/demonstration/tutorials/lessons, on crafting with recycled materials, at a new Arts Centre in Caistor, Lincolnshire. It's not too far from here, about 45 mins drive. So now I am geting things ready for that. I'll be taking finished items, and materials to make similar, so that the audience can play around with stuff and try techniques for themselves. A bit like a workshop, but mainly to give them ideas for projects they might attempt at home. Should be interesting, the first time I have done anything like this. I usually just talk, but now I have to show.

I think I have a new rescue cat coming in this morning. Sue has had a phone call about one found roaming, and Sue and Janet are going to collect it. I have temporary accommodation here, untill we have space in the pens.

Then I have to collect a bag from the Arts Centre here in town, because I need it for demonstration purposes tonight. So I'd better get on with it. Catch up with you later.

10 comments:

  1. Please post some pics of tonight. Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck for tonight. I'm sure everyone will be inspired by your examples. I know everytime I see catfood pouches I think of your very original bag you made a while back.

    Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ilona, I saw your comments on our show SuperScrimpers Waste Not Want Not and would love to offer you the opportunity to put forward your own thrifty tips if you are interested in appearing on the show. You can contact me at jo.mcdiarmid@endemoluk.com
    Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just had a thought over this weekend Ilona. I went just past Carnforth this weekend to stay with husband's aunt and my sister in law who had come over from IOM to visit. Thought it would be a good opportunity to kill 2 birds with one stone.

    We did a lot of dog walking and put the little Westie in a dog jacket - have you ever thought of making those as a sideline from bags? This one was waterproof, a little large as not made for a Westie but it was zipped down the back. Anyway, it kept the mud off the little white thing. I could have done with one as I slipped on a hill which was all thick mud, no grassy bits and went all the way down on my bum. Good job I'd taken spare pair! Was funny though!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Luck for tonight Ilona.
    x x x
    P.S Can't believe your not already involved with Superscrimpers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Ilona, we'd all love to see you on Superscrimpers. I missed it and will have to use Catch up. Enjoy your tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Must have missed you too...saw you on the other programme.

    Good luck for tonight. I'm sure you will inspire lots of people.

    Sft x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope it all went well.
    You are never bored I'm sure!

    Sandie xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can someone let me know what TV channel I can watch Super Srimper on. I live in East Sussex and have never heard of it or seen it before.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sarina, It's on Channel 4 on a Wednesday night at 8.30pm, or an hour later on the web site catch up.

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.