Saturday 2 July 2011

Doing their duty

I've just been looking at the pictures of William and Catherine in Canada, their first state visit as a married couple. They look absolutely wonderful, William is so handsome and Catherine is very pretty and looks radiant. It's obvious to all that they are having a fabulous time and are very much in love. Seeing them so happy brings tears to my eyes, I am a big softy where romance is concerned. But I also have a tear for our lovely Diana, who we so tragically lost, and who would have been 50 yesterday. It's very sad that she will not be around to see her grandchildren and her beloved son crowned King of England.

I do hope I am still alive to see William and Catherine come to the throne.

7 comments:

  1. I think they are a credit to us and doing an excellent job. I'm fed up of reading about all the negative press about her dress sense. I would far prefer my daughter to dress like that than these so called WAG role models we have on TV.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel sorry for Charles and wonder if his realization that he would never be king led to his downfall, NOT that I am excusing his randy behavior! I am so sick of every item of clothing Kate wears being dissected and all the talk of what she should look like since she will be queen one day. She looks great. Her sense of style is impeccable. I am utterly amazed at the not-so-nice critiques of everything she does.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do wish the press would give them a little respect and use the names William and Catherine. She is not Kate Middleton any more, and they should stop commenting on her weight. So what if she is slim.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am enjoying watching how much the royal couple is enjoying themselves here in Canada. It is poignant that Diana would have turned 50 at this time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, the Press love to tear everyone to shreds dont they. I sure that the happy couple ignore it. They both look lovely - I hope they get some time to themselves though - I know the royals schedules are quite hectic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hate the way the press refer to them as though they know them! I agree with Miss Piggy Bank, the sooner these other 'celebreties' were cut down to size and people respected achievements etc, the better.

    I think she looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seems that Prince Charles lost his crown for love yet his son gained it for love. Interesting how one woman changed the monarchy forever.

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.