Thursday 19 July 2012

Got anything to flog?

You never know what you are going to find when you go for a walk. This morning I took Henry to Normanby Hall, our stately home in the next village. It's a 20 minute walk across the fields. What did I find, a queue of people winding their way around the building. I'm going in for a closer look.

Aha, we have a film crew here, how exciting.

I stand and watch for a while, being nosey I want to know what's going on.

Over there on the lawn is a posh tent, with lots of chairs set out in rows.

Be patient Henry, I want to watch what they are doing, I'm interested in this filming lark.

Who's this bloke in a blue suit walking up and down?

He could be somebody famous perhaps.

He's reading his notes and talking to himself a lot.

People are waiting patiently.

Ah, here he comes, back again.

I wonder if he will fluff his lines again.

I did a bit of filming of my own.....move over Spielberg, ha ha.



Now the crowds have been moved forward, and there is more filming to do.



He's really getting into his roll now, such a pro. Go on, sock it to them.

That's it, get 'em in the tent now, I've done my bit.

A quick look over the shoulder of the camera man, might pick up a few tips.

That's it, they're all in the tent now. Me and Henry are off home.


It's not every day you come across Paul Martin being filmed for 'Flog it', a programme on BBC Television. My life is so exciting. Toodle pip.

6 comments:

  1. That took me back (all of two weeks - I photographed a wedding at Normanby Hall about a fortnight ago)! The place was open to the public when I was there with the Gride & Broom - fortunately though, with a lot fewer people to clear out of shot... and, it p.p.p.p.poured down!

    ReplyDelete
  2. New Orleans is being known as Hollywood South. We have about 10 movies being filmed here over the summer. A lot of them use the neighborhood diner because it's kept its old appearance. My daughter's school is in one of the scenes from Expendables (Sylvester Stallone). Catching a glimpse of filming makes me realize how tedious it is, with all the reshoots. But, you never know when you'll run into someone famous, which I haven't. Leslie from New Orleans

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh great! I like him. Next role for you - official photographer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why is it that Henry does not look that impressed ?

    ReplyDelete
  5. That guy should flog his blue suit!!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an exciting life you lead.

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.