Tuesday 10 July 2012

Wash and brush up

How are you with cleaning your lavvies? I don't mean which chemicals do you put down, but the implements you use. My bog brush is 16 years old, I bought it when I moved into this house. It has never really done the job very well, it has far too many bristles, packed too closely together, which prevents it reaching all the nooks and crannies right down in the bottom of the bowl. I think they design these things more as an adornment to the bathroom rather than something of practical use. It's about time I got another one.


Enter the new model. This brush cost me 20p from a car boot sale. The woman had a big box full of them. She didn't know what they were originally intended for, but she said a guy bought one to clean the wheels of his car. Good idea I thought, but, hey, it could also be used as a bog brush. Long spikey plastic bristles, flexible enough to reach all the parts that a conventional brush can't reach, attached to a 6inch long plastic shaft with a 4inch girth. Perfect for the job.

All I need now is something to shove up the centre for the handle. Bingo, a garden cane is a perfect tight fit. It's a little long I admit, I might chop it down a bit. I gave it a trial run. Yep, just as I thought, the bristles reach all parts of the bowl. I have invented the perfect loo brush.


Orders now being taken. Send £4.99 to me, and I will post one out to you in a plain wrapper. Handle not included, you'll have to find your own, ha ha.

9 comments:

  1. I'm a rubber gloves, bleach and a cloth girl. The glamorous life I lead....

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one wicked looking brush, possessed by the devil or a rock star!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You could almost use that for colonic irrigation!!!! Reminds me, I must replace my brush. My wheel brushes have sadly been seriously covered with brake dust. The other has bike oil on from cleaning my bike.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We need a new brush too, thanks for the reminder!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to watch that show "The cleaning ladies" with the two women who went to certain nasty, dirty houses to clean them out and get them sorted. The one woman (the big busty blonde) said that bathroom brushes were not a good choice to use because after one use, they became hard to clean and were full of germs. I use a bathroom brush and it comes with a container to keep it in. I put pine cleaner in the container with some water and keep the brush in it so that it stays clean. The brush you bought looks like a good choice because it's narrower and can get inside the bottom of the bowl better I'm sure. I wonder what that brush was originally suited to clean? Would love to know. It's odd looking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I use an old washing up brush, but I like your invention!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll watch out for you on Dragons Den with that monster.

    ReplyDelete
  8. washing up brush here too- but didn't they use to sell loo brushes with a bend? They worked much better!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks to me like it is deigned for narrow chimney flues.

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.