Phew, hasn't it been hot today. I have ventured out but not for long, it felt like I was being baked in an oven. Best off indoors so I got on with a bit of sewing. On Monday I cut out all the pieces for a strip of bunting, 21 flags, 42 pieces, using mainly oddments of fabric which needed using up. Today I sewed them all together.
If you want to have a go at this, here's what I did. I haven't made bunting before so I guessed the size of the flags. Each one has two pieces. I made a template out of a cereal box and used that to cut out the pieces.
Machine two edges, trapping the tassels at the bottom point. You could use one tassel if you like, it would be easier.
Luckily in my bit box I had a long length of turquoise ribbon. I folded it in half along the length and ironed it flat. The open top edge of the flags is sandwiched between the fold of the ribbon. Pin them in place, I left a one inch gap between each one. Sew a very neat line making sure you go through all the layers. And there you have it. This will look nice in the summer house. I might make some more.