Tuesday 30 June 2015

A money saving tip

Hi. I have just thought of a new money saving tip which I thought I would share with you. I know you all like to save money wherever you can, cutting down and cutting back. Reducing, making do, and generally using less so you ultimately have more. More money to spend on the little pleasures in life, and more time to enjoy your pleasures. 
To live my simple life I cut corners, reduce the amount of time I spend in the kitchen by creating simple no cook, or one pan meals, thus reducing my spending on gas and electricity, and giving me more time to play and create, and go out. 
I don't have the washer on the go until I have enough clothes to fill it. I have enough in my wardrobe, I don't think oh I need to wash a certain item of clothing because I want to wear it, I just pick something else out of the cupboard or wardrobe. A bit like meal planning actually. I don't go to the shop because I want some potatoes or bread, I eat something else until I need several items, then go to the shop. I don't do a wash every Monday as it used to be done years ago, and I don't do a weekly shop every Friday either. I do these chores when they actually need doing. 
I keep the garden tidy by doing an hour or two at a time. I enjoy working in the garden much more than working in the house. Time spent outside is healthy, getting the sun on your skin is healthy, doing exercise outside is healthy. I have a big garden and sometimes I think oh heck, the lawn needs mowing, but when it is done it looks nice and I have had some exercise. I don't get the same buzz when I have washed the pots or dusted. Time spent not doing mundane things means time to do exactly what I like. 
Summer means wearing less clothes. Less clothes means less to wash. I have dug out my skirt from the back of the wardrobe, it's several years old, someone gave it to me. It's fine for pottering around the house. 
Wearing a skirt means less clothes to wash, howzat? Easy. No need to wear anything underneath, nudge nudge wink wink  ;o)) No need to wear socks either, barefoot is fine around the house, feels nice walking around on freshly cut grass as well. So, long skirts out girls, cast aside your knickers pants, feel the breeze and free yourself from the drudgery of housework.
Toodle pip

23 comments:

  1. I had a lot of problems with infections straight after the birth of my first child and ended up in hospital six weeks later. After an operation the doctor actually recommended not wearing underwear whenever possible to enable healing. It worked for me and I still practice the doctors advice at least twice a week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funnily enough with the weather being so hot today I dug out one of my old skirts too. Must be at least 20 years old and is a similar one to yours...I never wear a skirt these days, being married to a mad birdwatcher means that I might get dragged through some bog or bush or whatever at any time so a skirt isn't very practical. But today's so hot and I'm having a day out visiting some gardens on my own so the skirt has come out. Must say, it's very much more comfy than a pair of jeans, and much cooler too. Don't think I'm brave enough to ditch the knick knacks yet though...!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's boiling hot here too. I've had to come indoors for fear of being baked to a crisp. The cats are sticking it out in the shade but pooch is indoors with me. Too hot for a walk, I'm afraid.

      Delete
  3. My mum wore skirts her entire life time, never owned a pair of trousers. Always bare legs/feet in the summer with her sandals. You would know summer was done when she put on her tights.

    Like you only run the washer when enough for a full load.

    ReplyDelete
  4. For me, though, cooking is one of my arts, and a great pleasure! I live alone but share food with friends.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't own a skirt (or dress) as I hate looking at my ageing legs! When it's hot like today though I do wear my shorts around the house but NO WAY would I ditch my cotton knicks! Bare feet are lovely and cool though :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You wouldn't risk it with the winds we get up here in north Scotland, even in the summer!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haven't worn them for years! Simply no need, and like you say it saves on the laundry!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Like SusanM you would be giving the neighbors a show, here. I wear 100% woven cotton walking shorts or pedal pushers and blouses as my summer attire, too hot for single knits or synthetics or going barefoot outside.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've had 2 ops on my waterworks. Rather than not wear knickers, I wear ones that are a good few sizes too big for me. Worried that they may fall down? I simply pin the knickers' waistband to my skirt etc. A free flow of air but I still am wearing undies. Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Was just thinking how this lovely weather is saving on washing - short skirt vesty top combo for me. No socks but it is a bit breezy still so definitely still wearing knicks. One gust of wind and the neighbours would be having meetings about me... Debbie.

    ReplyDelete
  11. And if you're not going out, ditch the bra too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi. Good advice there. I haven't worn a bra for six years, at home and going out. Oh the freedom, it's lovely. My chesti is no longer in a vice, YAY.

      Delete
  12. I always put the knicks on when I'm going out 'just in case' I'm in an accident!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. The first thing to come of when i get home from anywhere when its hot are the knickers , then the bra , I love summer for the freedom its fabxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. French knickers are wonderful and airy. Cotton undies all the time, those scratchy lace trimmed things are itchy and sweaty and twice the price.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Saucy minx :0

    ReplyDelete
  16. One of the delights of summer- hippy skirts and no drawers.

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's predicted to be109-112 today so I am considering wearing NOTHING around our home and maybe when it cools off later this week, add the skirt. :)
    Nancy from Northern California

    ReplyDelete
  18. lol save more washing by wearing a skimpy bikini in the garden/house xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello.Your always finding good ways to save a bit..Light,flowy cool cotton skirts and dresses are always more comfy to me than capris and shorts in the heat.I laughed at the "going commando" and braless tips.I wash the lighter gauzier stuff by hand right in the bath or shower as they dry out so quickly outside,then their ready to be worn again.Enjoy the summertime weather,and thanks for a fun read.Warm regards,D.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great for health issues between the legs for us ladies!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I've been going commando ever since I retired from work!
    It's far more comfortable, healthier, and if it's good enough for the divine Joanna Lumley, it's good enough for me!
    I even attended our son and daughter in law's very posh 'tails and all the trimmings' wedding in a glorious dress, huge hat, 'hold me in' basque, and no knickers! The dress was floor length though, so no worries about giving the guests a quick flash!

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.