Monday 22 February 2016

Gifts in the post

Hello. I'm back, feeling refreshed after my day off. Glad you liked the comedy clip, where would we be without a titter now and again. I had a lovely surprise today, the postman brought me not one, but two parcels. Ooooh, just like Christmas. Inside I found a selection of haberdashery and crafting type goodies. Fabric, beads, and suchlike. Thank you so much to the two kind readers who sent them. I am dead chuffed. 
I went to Crafty Club this morning, numbers were a bit low but we had a good old chinwag. I took a new project I am working on. It's going to be a picture, not sure how it will develop. It's 11 inches by 14 inches, so not very big. There's going to be some trees in it, all hand stitched.

I've been trying to make a video this afternoon, but made a right pigs ear out of it. It's not easy with only one pair of hands. I realized why it wasn't working so I'll have another go tomorrow.

A phone interview was booked to take place yesterday with ABC Radio Australia, but they didn't ring me. I had an email today from them, it was an important piece of news which threw everything out of kilter, so my piece was put on hold. They will contact me with a new date. I am expecting a phone call tonight just after 10pm from BBC Radio Ulster, must remember to stay awake, ha ha.

I'm taking little Poppy dog a walk tomorrow, her mummy has an appointment at the hospital. I still haven't bought a new phone yet, that's the next job to do. Our new pop up Post Office doesn't do car tax, so I'll make a trip to the next village and visit their Post Office. If I time it to go at 4.45pm then I can pop in the little Tesco and the Co op, and check for any reductions. Please don't tell me to do it online, I don't do anything financial on the computer, I would rather pay cash over the counter.

I think I'll catch up with The Midwives now, or should I do three miles next, or maybe I should close my eyes for half an hour so I'm refreshed for the phone call later. Perhaps leave The Midwives for another day, do the walk, then close my eyes for a rest. Yes, that's a better plan.

Thanks for popping in. Catch up soon. Toodle pip

3 comments:

  1. Glad it arrived safely, have fun x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mornin' Ilona, oh famous one.... :-) I have come over all Spring Cleanie...Heaven knows why as I hate housework. It does give me a good workout though with all that bending and stretching. My walking is a bit 'on hold' just lately cos I am bone idle.. I have no other truthful excuse to offer. I will feel more like it when the sun comes out and feels warm on my face though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The start of your new project looks really interesting. I look forward to seeing it develop. I caught up with "call the midwife" last night and am really enjoying it. I also don't buy anything on line. I feel safer handing over my cash. My sons say I should get into it but I just don't want to. I prefer the old fashioned way of buying things.

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.