Wednesday 20 June 2018

More painting, and blinging stones.

Hello. That's another day of winds battering the garden. The trees at the back have been lashing about, the noise is a tad annoying as I'm trying to get things done. The flower beds need tidying, must try and get that done tomorrow. Mayze doesn't care, she is in heaven in her sun lounge. 
This is the remains of the old cat shelter, I managed to salvage some of it and today I painted it. I might not paint the bottom shelf, and I haven't painted the bits round the back that can't be seen. It fits perfectly in this space.


I have painted a few stones, they will be scattered about the garden. Blinged them up with sequins and glitter nail varnish.

I've been looking after Barry's dog, Scruff, today, short walks and sitting with him. I managed to find a new home for a large plant that I have no room for. Janet has taken it in and will find a place at the bottom of her garden. Only two more days of prepping to do, then a busy weekend, then I will be free to do something else.

The strange marks were inside the bottom of a bowl which had a bit of rain water in it. I think the readers who said slugs or snails are probably right.

Thanks for popping in. We'll catch up soon.
Toodle pip.

13 comments:

  1. I like the stones. I would be happy if they were in my garden.

    Is it this weekend that your garden is open? If so, hope you have plenty of visitors and that the sun is shining.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just want to say what a nice person you are,looking after Barrys dog!,It must be nice for Barry to know and trust someone to care for his dog.Mayze looks so comfy on her cat shelter!Your painted stones look lovely.Good luck for the weekend,you have worked so hard and you deserve to win it!!,xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mayze does look adorable and relaxed, sunning herself in the warm spot. The red shelving looks good, I love the way you salvage and reuse. We are like that, wood is so useful and we have a selection of other bits that might come in handy, though perhaps not quite the store you have. :-) I imagine the shelving is for pot plants, but knowing you it could turn into anything.:-)
    The stones, like all your work, are bright and colourful, and at least in your garden no-one will walk off with them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your rocks are lovely. I would like to make some for my herb garden. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. if you happen to find a spare few moments/spare rocks, maybe you would consider painting some up as above and leaving them about in public places for children (or adults) to find. Might make their day...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi. I already did that. Painted one which said Please don't drop litter, and put it on a bench in the park. Someone took it. I did another one it said Pick up your dog poo. That disappeared as well. Three more went missing. Not leaving any more lying around.

      Delete
    2. ah..yes, that would be discouraging...

      Actually, though, I meant to paint up some with messages as above, and leave "for" folks / kids to find/keep. Sometimes a person finding/keeping something like this could really "make" their day, especially if they are coping with something tough.

      Delete
  6. I love the painting and bling stones, they look great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great sun lounge Ilona and lovely cheery stones x

    ReplyDelete
  8. In the US, we paint rocks and leave them places with the intention of people taking them. I have found two without looking and I was so happy all day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda...nice. I would be too. I have always loved this type of "thing" but have never "found" any, grin. Thing is, with so much horrible news, it makes me smile just to think of you finding one/happy all day. Very nice.

      Delete
  9. Love the painted stones, so cheerful.

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.