Friday 9 August 2019

Another job done.

I've been thinking about this last board, what shall I put on it. Got a little bit lost in weaving, too many ideas, which shall I do first. I've gone for the easy option so I can move on. Sticky back glittery foam hearts. My first idea was to cut circles out of a sheet of foam, and layer them, and pin them to the board with drawing pins. But the edges of the circles were not neat enough. I got these hearts from a £1 shop so that saves me the job of cutting out. Although stuck on I put drawing pins through the middle which I had painted with glitter nail varnish. The thickness of the hearts stop the pins from going through to the other side. 

Eight boards now done, I don't have any more.

Can't decide which one I like best. Now I will get back to the weaving. The bigger one is off the loom, now I shall decide what to put on it. I like playing. Toodle pip.  Ilona 

11 comments:

  1. My favourites are the tree and the jigsaw. Am looking forward to more of the weaving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are all nice.
    I thing my favourite is the first one with the fabric squares.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Playing is good for your mental health- and yours is excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are all lovely Ilona,but if I had to choose my favourite it would be the one in the top left hand corner- the selection of 12 little panels/vignette x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish you would have an Exhibition of all your work......I’m sure...l would...people would pay to go to your Gallery. Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't decide either, but I think they look good together as you have displaced them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You had fun playing, didn't you, Ilona? :-)

    Each of the designs has it's own appeal. My favourites are the washers followed by the tree weaving. My preferences in life tend to be eclectic, ranging from the complexity of baroque to the starkness of modernism, with stops at nearly every period/style before, between and after! lol I've always enjoyed individual styles and interpretations. And I really appreciate your use of existing materials when possible!

    Looking forward to your weaving experiments. I'm with you in not understanding the nail placement on the first loom. Unless it had a special purpose that was not disclosed, it made no sense. Your adjustments definitely are an improvement!

    ReplyDelete
  8. As always, I love your design process and creative imagination, Ilona! I'm a fool for metal parts, so my favorite is the one with the washers, followed by the puzzle. Putting the four corners into the middle is something I would not have thought of doing. Sedgwick

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope they get to go some place all together, makes a nice display.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like them all together as a group - but if just able to pick a single fave, it would be the second one, top row - the stones.
    Wonderful work/play!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  11. If I had to pick a favourite it would be the felt flowers but I like them all. You have great imagination and artistry ( is that the right word ? Lol ). Looking forward to seeing your weaving.

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.